Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > New BOINC-account ?

New BOINC-account ?
UL1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2007, 04:47 AM

Is there any possibility to create a new BOINC-account from scratch for my macs using my 'old' cross-project ID ?

I've tried it now a various times: I stopped the application, had it resetted, then deleted. Stopped BOINC, reloaded, made a new registration...and all the time it comes up with a new machine-ID only, but with the old machine-stats for TC, RAC, and so on...
Any idea ?

Knightrider
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2007, 08:18 AM

Is there any possibility to create a new BOINC-account from scratch for my macs using my 'old' cross-project ID ?
There is no way this can be done.Your cross project id is tied in with the stats and the user id for that account.

It identifies the user for cross project stats and projects. All you can do is log into your account page/my computers/show all and delete the listing of computers no longer used. This will not affect the results displayed for that user and they will remain tied to that user name and therefore that cross project id.

You will have to create a new user account under a different user name which will then allocate a new cross project id and the old stats will not be used. That is, a new account means starting from zero with stats.

K.

UL1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2007, 01:26 PM

Thanx.

Forum Links
Forum Rules