Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Opinions Please

Opinions Please
megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2007, 06:02 AM

Ho ho ho; I procrastinate hard so as to avoid revising for exams.

Would anyone mind giving me their opinions on both my vaguely new-ish splash page and comic book library?

Thank you for helping me procrastinate! Only 4 hours until exam...
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2007, 12:30 PM

Although I don't generally like splash pages - I like yours - and I like the site. Its clean. You have a good eye for design.
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

andi*pandi
Jan 25, 2007, 03:29 PM

I like everything except the magnifying glass is too humongous.

megasad  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by mania View Post
Although I don't generally like splash pages - I like yours - and I like the site. Its clean. You have a good eye for design.
Thank you very much. I didn't have a splash page for a long time as they are usually superfluous and annoying. However, I do a journal again, so wanted megasad.com to not be just the comic books. And the search box makes it useful!

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I like everything except the magnifying glass is too humongous.
Do you mean the magnifying glass on the splash page or the one in the header of the comic book library? (One on splash page is 32x32 pixels fixed, one in header resizes as you resize your text, so will be big if text is big. All images in comic book library do that, but not on splash page because is impossible to make background images scale rather than tile.)
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

andi*pandi
Jan 26, 2007, 02:24 PM

they are both humungous, splash and header. They appear the same size to me, I have default text sizing on.

megasad  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2007, 06:46 PM

they are both humungous, splash and header. They appear the same size to me, I have default text sizing on.
Ah, I see what you mean, you mean in relation to the text box to their left? For you, they would look better if they were the same proportions as, say, the magnifying glass in Safari's Google-search field?

andi*pandi
Jan 29, 2007, 02:47 PM

yep, as tall as or not much taller than the text box.

megasad  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2007, 03:00 PM

yep, as tall as or not much taller than the text box.
Mm-hmm, thank you for clarification. I myself prefer it with the lens of the glass the same height as the text box, the arm descending beneath. Is like it is large enough to actually look for what you want, rather than merely a toy!

Does anyone know why, on the Latest News page of my comic book library, when you resize the text (eg - using Command+ followed by Command-) the two sub-lists in the latest news article, their parent list items ("Added appropriate rollover silhouettes to splash page image:" and "Changed main section page titles (in title bar and page heading):") get shifted down one, away from their respective hyphen-bullet-point. It only happens in Safari, no other browser, and is rather perplexing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules