Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Downloading GameTree Purchases

Downloading GameTree Purchases
Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 9, 2015, 08:40 PM

In the past I’ve purchased games from GameTree. Recently I had a hard drive fail on me and I lost the backups of the games I purchased. When I navigated to the GameTree website to download my purchases, I was a little shocked to find out that the site is shutting down and the only thing on their site is the following image...

I’ve tried to contact their support, but haven’t received a reply in over a week. I was wondering if anyone has any information about how I can download my purchases before the August 15 deadline.

As a side note, I’ve found that Electronic Arts honors activation codes from other retailers through their Origin app. So, I was able to download those titles, through Origin, with my GameTree activation codes.

Rumor
Jul 9, 2015, 09:29 PM

Wish I could help, but I have never heard of them.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

P
Jul 10, 2015, 08:57 AM

EA games can indeed be redeemed on Origin. I think Ubisoft games can likewise be redeemed in (the awful, AWFUL) Uplay, though I never tried it. Quite a lot of games can be redeemed on Steam (Games -> Activate a Product on Steam). It depends on the relationship of the publisher and Steam, but it is worth a try - if they game is on Steam at all and is reasonably new, it usually works. If the game is by one of the Mac porting houses (e.g. Feral), try contacting them for support.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 10, 2015, 09:26 AM

We're on it. We'll find out what we can, and get back to you.

Speckledstone  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 10, 2015, 10:12 AM

I appreciate the help, folks... Thanks.

When I get a chance, I’ll check to see if I have any luck with Steam and Uplay / Ubisoft.

One other thing to note... When I was copying the GameTree URL, while writing my original post, I noticed that my browser's address bar says, “TransGaming Inc. gametreemac.com” So, I made another support request through the TransGaming website. I’ll post back if I hear from them.

macdude22
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2015, 10:49 AM

I think I bought Spore through them back in the day (Gametree was just Transgaming's online store near as I know). Given that Spore sucked and pretty much doesn't work on current versions of OS X I don't even care. Probably have it burned to a DVD somewhere.

Hope you get your downloads out of those honkey's though.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man."

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 10, 2015, 10:53 AM

TransGaming sold Cider to nVidia in June. This is a casualty, I think.

Still working on it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules