Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > loving/hating my new (3gs) iphone...

loving/hating my new (3gs) iphone...
fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2010, 10:31 AM

mostly loving, just a few things...

i just got my first iphone (a 3gs); moving from a motorola phone/ipod touch.
love having my world in one device. the iphone's a little larger, bulkier...but light enough, feels good.

my moto phone was louder (as a phone), miss that. i could hear people better (while in midtown manhattan, for instance...).

when i delete a voicemail, it goes into a deleted voicemail folder...where i eventually have to delete it again. wish i could CHOOSE to delete it once. hate this redundancy (i understand it, just wish i had a CHOICE).

and i think the ipod touch had a better sound (listening to music); am gonna explore that more this weekend (i still have my itouch...).

overall, a great device; easy, friendly. no problems migrating my data (thanks itunes!).
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

zacharace
Jul 8, 2010, 03:44 PM

Glad to hear you're (mostly) happy. Personally, although I have an iPhone 4, I sometimes miss my old non-converged digital life: batteries (on both iPod and phone) lasted longer, tasks were more focused, music quality (as you even mentioned) was a bit better. Call me crazy, but the iPhone can be a bit of an "all-in-one monster" at some times.

Just my .02.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2010, 04:34 PM

AFAIK, the iPod touch and the iPhone 3GS use identical audio circuitry.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2010, 06:24 PM

Yeah, they have the exact same mobo and circuitry... should be no difference. Only possible difference could be volume due to their different batteries.

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2010, 09:51 PM

yeah, i did some comparisons tonite (same songs, same earbuds), and the sound really is the same. the screens are much the same; the iphone is faster in everything (yay!), so...all is well. am happy with this, and will remain happy (until probably iphone 4 rev2...).
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules