Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Clickdesk? Live chat in-general...

Clickdesk? Live chat in-general...
Thorzdad
Mar 14, 2013, 01:27 PM

Not sure if this goes here, but...

I have a client who wants to integrate live chat into their website. Somehow, they think this will be a big plus for their service. I'm unconvinced. Anyway...

They've pointed me to a service called ClickDesk. Does anyone have experience with this service, or know anyone who does? Personally, I think they're opening themselves up to some grief with this.

Opinions? Experiences with live-chat implementations in-general?

andi*pandi
Mar 14, 2013, 01:38 PM

well, their little "test this on your site" box didn't work...

I say if your client is going to staff this thing 24/7 it could be useful, but nothing so annoying as clicking "live help" and getting a message that it's offline.

Thorzdad  (op)
Mar 14, 2013, 01:43 PM

LOL. I didn't even try that button. Big fail there.
Their own "Chat Now!" seems to be unmanned, too. Or, everyone's sleeping.

jagan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2013, 08:37 AM

Hello All,

I represent ClickDesk. We provide a combo of live chat, voice chat, helpdesk & social toolbar for websites.

We are a tech startup, launched ClickDesk in June 2011 and we are doing very good since then.
Currently, the live chat is being used by over 50,000 businesses on their websites. We are hear to make a mark in the live support industry. Live chat helps you engage with your visitors (prospective buyers) and existing customers to provide sales/support instantly.

Coming to the implementation part, it's very simple and straight forward.
Upon signing up and logging in, you get few lines of chat code (javascript). Paste it in your webpages and you can ClickDesk appear. Add an agent (Google talk or Skype handle) and you start receiving live chats from your website directly to your IM on any device.

The chat bar can be optionally set to 'hide when offline' to make it not appear on your website when you are offline on your IM.

Give us a try. it takes less than 2 minutes to complete the entire setup. No installation of any software/apps.
Got any questions? Please write to support at clickdesk.com

Thorzdad  (op)
Mar 15, 2013, 08:50 AM

So, ClickDesk doesn't tie-in to iOS's native Messages app as a client?
I asked this same question using your chat popup on your own website and never got a response.

michelee
Banned
Apr 3, 2013, 03:45 AM

I have a client who wants to integrate live chat into their website. Somehow, they think this will be a big plus for their service. I'm unconvinced. Anyway...

They've pointed me to a service called ClickDesk. Does anyone have experience with this service, or know anyone who does? Personally, I think they're opening themselves up to some grief with this.

Opinions? Experiences with live-chat implementations in-general?

I agree Live Chat on website is a great way to start and also gives good results. Lots of chat programme available in the market but it depends how much is your budget. I don't have any experience but a good friend of mine using some windows software I'm spamming for in his business website and had great experienced with this.
( Last edited by Thorzdad; Apr 4, 2013 at 08:09 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules