Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How long will it take for my macbook to get here

How long will it take for my macbook to get here (Page 2)
Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bklam
I called them about that 3 times, all times they said it can't be done. Apparently it can, because on my web order details it says 2 days shipping.

I gotta say, APPLE does whatever it could to make me happy. I'm happy to know that it'll be here next week and i guess that's why their rated number 1 in customer satisfaction?

well, I guess the trick is try all areas of communication. I tried emailing this time and they responded that they will go ahead and ship it 2nd day at no cost. So, hopefuly it will ship on friday and arrive early next week.

cljmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 11:13 PM

you ordered this under edu. edu customers (not schools) get bumped
to the back of the line if there is a large order. retail comes first. it is
the same for any retailer with edu pricing. if you want it so bad, walk
into a compusa store and buy one. the store i work next to had
10 of the 1299 macbooks and the extra ram is only 120 per 1gb stick.
so add that up....
apple charges 500 bucks to max it. compusa can max it for
270 installed.... that evens out the edu discount.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2006, 01:21 PM

I supposed to ship by tommorow so im not gonna bother now with canceling the order and if i bought it from comp usa i couldnt get a rebate.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by neverskatewsandles
I supposed to ship by tommorow so im not gonna bother now with canceling the order and if i bought it from comp usa i couldnt get a rebate.
Mine which was ordered aug17 is supposed to ship Friday, I must say though, I am skeptical, as there are people on the apple discussion forums, who had an original ship date of the 21. bumped to the 29th, and then bumped again to the 8th.

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by HarriganC
Mine which was ordered aug17 is supposed to ship Friday, I must say though, I am skeptical, as there are people on the apple discussion forums, who had an original ship date of the 21. bumped to the 29th, and then bumped again to the 8th.
Mine was bumped from Aug 21st to Aug 29th and then to Aug 31st.... let's see what date will be the next "guestimated" shipping date...

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2006, 04:42 PM

The last time i called, i asked them, "what are the chances that my order will be delayed AGAIN?" The guy put me on hold, said that his supervisor guarantees that they will be shipped out on the 31st.

Only one way to find out, check tmr.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2006, 10:11 PM

so add that up....
270 installed.... that evens out the edu discount

How is this true if collage students usally have to get there computers by a certian date.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2006, 10:12 PM

bklam: I would have asked to speak to the suprivisor.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2006, 10:13 PM

Does fed ex ship on weekends?

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2006, 10:15 PM

nevermind only monday-friday

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 12:26 AM

nevermind only monday-friday
The coming monday is labor day

HouseSold
Senior User
Aug 31, 2006, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by mach2joe
The coming monday is labor day
If the rumor mongers are correct and Apple does announce updates September 5th after Labor Day, any August 31st shipped out model/order won't arrive until after the announcement anyway, so could be an updated model in FedEx (stretched imaginary late into the night time wishful thinking hypothesis, not endorsed by Alfred E. Neuman ).

Intel afficiandos, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Gateway, HP etc are said to be releasing new models tomorrow (August 31st) We shall see by the weekend.

More info here: Intel Core 2 Duo Merom Laptops and Information (constantly being updated!)
( Last edited by HouseSold; Aug 31, 2006 at 01:01 AM. )

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 11:25 AM

They told me monday the 5th one time and tuesday the 6th another time.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 02:14 PM

Well its supposed to ship today and it hasnt hyet do you guys think i should call and ask or should i see what happens. Do you think it will ship or get bumped back?

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 02:45 PM

Well its supposed to ship today and it hasnt hyet do you guys think i should call and ask or should i see what happens. Do you think it will ship or get bumped back?
I guess it's doesn't hurt to call. To be honest, I am totally waiting for yet another delay e-mail.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 03:02 PM

Well i did call 3-4 times now do they know if you have called or not?

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 03:03 PM

If the rumor mongers are correct and Apple does announce updates September 5th after Labor Day, any August 31st shipped out model/order won't arrive until after the announcement anyway, so could be an updated model in FedEx (stretched imaginary late into the night time wishful thinking hypothesis, not endorsed by Alfred E. Neuman ).

Intel afficiandos, Toshiba, Dell, Acer, Gateway, HP etc are said to be releasing new models tomorrow (August 31st) We shall see by the weekend.

More info here: Intel Core 2 Duo Merom Laptops and Information (constantly being updated!)

I dont know but if they do its gonna mean another delay. I almost hope they dont.

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 03:30 PM

I dont know but if they do its gonna mean another delay. I almost hope they dont.
I am pretty sure they keep track of the calls; but you are the customer, you are entitled to those customer service calls.

Dell have just added pricing to their Core 2 Duo notebooks...CAD$939 for the base Inspiron 6400 with a 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo CPU (CAD$170 to upgrade to 2.0GHz) and free upgrade to 2GB of RAM....

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 03:59 PM

I've called 6-9 times since i've ordered it back on the 16th.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 09:36 PM

Ok so i called and she asked me if i was calling about something i had called about before. LoL. I asked her if i was gonna be shipped today and she said it was schedualed to but it was not prepared yet. I asked what the possibility of it being delayed was and she repeated It is schedualed to ship ot today though it is only an estimate. I'll bet u it is going to be delayed again. This is total bull **** They should be glad i dropped 1500 bucks into their company. If i were them i would try a little harder to try and make me happy.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 09:45 PM

Dood, if they don't ship it by tmr morning, i'm ****ing cancelling my order and walking into my store and sacrifice the extra 20gb.

not worth the ****ing wait..

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 09:47 PM

Man ur effin right the only problem is i already got the nano and its gonna be hard to make that rebate PLUS i will i am not actually a student and would have to get one of my cusins to go in and use their id and name to get my computer and i dont think they would be especially wanting to take an hour ride to the apple store.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2006, 09:48 PM

Oh and i would also like to thank apple for a crappy week waiting for my book

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 11:00 PM

Oh and i would also like to thank apple for a crappy week waiting for my book
I know.. this is total BS... the last 2 delays there were at least emails... I guess this one they are just not going to do anything...

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by mach2joe
I know.. this is total BS... the last 2 delays there were at least emails... I guess this one they are just not going to do anything...
Did it end up shipping dudes? Mine is supposed to be shipped tomorrow, which is a replacement to a problematic MacBook I have been without since August 9th. If it doesn't ship tomorrow, they WILL be refunding the entire amount of the machine that I purchased when they were released in May, I am sick of playing their game, and broken promises. After (3) one week unsuccessful repairs, and a (3) week wait for a replacement, and I am done playing phone tag, and suspense.

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2006, 11:40 PM

I am actually starting to think that we might be in for a change, ran themselves out of the stock, and are waiting to ship for a release announcement.... Minis keep getting delayed as well.

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 02:03 AM

Man ur effin right the only problem is i already got the nano and its gonna be hard to make that rebate PLUS i will i am not actually a student and would have to get one of my cusins to go in and use their id and name to get my computer and i dont think they would be especially wanting to take an hour ride to the apple store.
Haha. So you're scamming Apple! but you still expect them to treat you with respect. Mate you a deadshit.

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2006, 07:03 AM

Well today's friday and i have pretty much concluded that i wont be getting my macbook today. Now based on what someone else said i should have gotten it today or possibly tommorow. I ordered monday and 3 days would be wednesday plus 2-3 days for shipping and it should be here. Though it did say up to 5 days before it ships. Should i wait till monday to call because then their time would be up for shipping or should i call if it doesnt show up tommorow. I dont want to pay for shipping that Isnt within 2-3 days.
sorry to hear about your delayed shipping. i know how painful it is to wait for something you really want. have you received it yet? (writing this a week later).

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 10:24 AM

Finally, at around 5am, Eastern daylight time, an e-mail arrived from Apple notified me that the Macbook has been shipped out. The spec listed in the e-mail doesn't indicate any upgraded components. Also, since the package was prepared so late (5pm, Friday in China), I wonder if Fedex would have picked it up or will it wait in the shipping dock till Monday. Even if it did get pick up, I will not be able to track it till Monday or Tuesday.

Despite all these, I am still glad that it finally got shipped.
( Last edited by mach2joe; Sep 1, 2006 at 11:14 AM. )

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2006, 10:44 AM

"sorry to hear about your delayed shipping. i know how painful it is to wait for something you really want. have you received it yet? (writing this a week later)."

It was supposed to ship yesterday and it hasnt no emails no calls just the same thing on the page. I am really startin to get ticked i dont care how mad they get im callin and raising hell on them today!!!!!!!!!!!!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2006, 11:04 AM

What kind of an asshole would commit fraud in order to get a student discount and a free iPod and then start complaining loudly about how shipping is taking a couple of days longer than expected - and then admit to the fraud on a web forum?

Oh yeah - a stupid asshole.

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 11:30 AM

*** Official((((

Ordered August 16th 2006 Shipped September 1st 2006.

I hope this is the only nightmare.

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2006, 11:59 AM

*** Official((((

I don't know if I was just lied to so she could get me off the phone, however, when I just called the lady assured me that mine would ship today, and not get bumped again.

CH

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 01:41 PM

I finally received a shipping confirmation---was shipped out at 8:36 pm. (China Time). I originally ordered my BTO macbook on August 17---(upgraded to 80 hd; and 1 gb of memory).

mach2joe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 01:42 PM

*** Official((((

I am with you there bklam....

hannelore
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by cljmac
so add that up....
270 installed.... that evens out the edu discount.
...So would this mean that I'm at the back of the line if I ordered mine through my campus bookstore? (Ordered Aug. 18th & heard it'll be "on or before Sept. 11th")

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hannelore
...So would this mean that I'm at the back of the line if I ordered mine through my campus bookstore? (Ordered Aug. 18th & heard it'll be "on or before Sept. 11th")
I don't think that matters. I also ordered through the online education store, and my macbook was shipped today (originally ordered on August 17). I called up a customer service rep. and asked if my order would be delayed or not be marked as priority since it was an education order; she responded that the "education" lable does not effect your order, they just treat it as any ordinary order.

Karpfish
Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2006, 04:02 PM

why not just go to a store and get it? I was out in 12 minutes today picking up a blackbook.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2006, 08:39 PM

They told me that my macbook was shipping out tonight!!!

Oh and

What kind of an asshole would commit fraud in order to get a student discount and a free iPod and then start complaining loudly about how shipping is taking a couple of days longer than expected - and then admit to the fraud on a web forum?

Like you wouldnt do the same thing screw u

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 08:59 PM

Oh and

Like you wouldnt do the same thing screw u
At least you admitted you're an asshole. that's the first step to recovery. Next step, return your computer and admit the fraud. It's dicks like you that make every other honest person that doesnt scam the system pay more for their computer. Yeah other people do it, so what, doesnt make it right. You want something so bad, which your pathetic whining seems to indicate, PAY FOR IT. And if you feel the primal need to scam apple, at least show some nous and know you dont go and whine like a stuck pig about how apple don't treat you right.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2006, 09:12 PM

Ok so you two would gladly shell out an extra 200 dollars for a computer just to be honost. Ok yep right your the totally smart person. I just did it under a family member's name. If you think thats wrong fine ur entitled to an opinion but heres mine. My gain and ur loss that u will spend the extra money on a computer. Thats great for you. Oh and i will bet you many people on this forum have. you and have a nice day. [End Rant]

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2006, 09:15 PM

BTW its not fraud!

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Sep 2, 2006, 12:22 AM

Another promise broken... guaranteed to ship out the 1st, and not being bumped, and, again, apple has failed me... still not shipped.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2006, 12:36 AM

Call and complain say that one person told you that it would be shipped.

hannelore
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Karpfish
why not just go to a store and get it? I was out in 12 minutes today picking up a blackbook.
The nearest Apple store to me is 4+ hours away...I thought about cancelling my order and driving down there just so I could get it this weekend, but then realized that another week or two really isn't *that* long to wait...

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2006, 04:52 AM

Mine is shipped, as of Sept.1

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 09:56 AM

BTW its not fraud!
your grasp of the law is about as strong as ur grasp of the englich langwage

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2006, 12:13 PM

Shipped Out Thismorning Yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 01:06 PM

My shipped out yesterday, but I just noticed that fedex updated my estimated arrival time to September 7th. Darn, I am going out of town on business on the 6th, I was hoping to get it by this date. Oh well, I will just have to wait an extra day to get my hands on it.

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2006, 02:08 PM

I'm just glad it finally shipped out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules