Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Final Judgement - SCO owes Novell

Final Judgement - SCO owes Novell
Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2008, 09:38 AM

Well the end of SCO is quickly approaching. While the end result has been known now for some time, the ruling by the court is probably the final nail in the coffin.
Ars Article

What a ruinous path the CEO navigated. While I cannot say that SCO was a great company but when they undertook suing people instead of developing products the result was apropo. Especially when Novell contested they they own the patents that SCO claimed. IBM didn't roll over like SCO had hoped and they lost everything.
~Mike

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2008, 11:58 AM

Wow - nice follow up. I forgot about this whole debacle. I thought I read that when SCO's upper management sued, they were at the same time selling off all their shares. So I've always understood that they knew it was a crash-course into the sun (so to speak); I just didn't realize it was still going on.

starman
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2008, 01:04 PM

I remember daily reports about this on TechTV. We all knew SCO would lose in the end.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

f1000
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2008, 01:38 PM

Can SCO's false claims be used to bring criminal charges of perjury against the owners? It'd be nice to teach "businessmen" that lying and cheating to make a living will result in jail-time.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2008, 01:39 PM

Something telling: Compare SCOX and AAPL from eight years ago to the present. They start out at the same place, then Apple goes way up and SCO goes way down.

Thus proving once and for all that innovation > lawyers, I suppose.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules