Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What is wrong with college football in Mississippi?

What is wrong with college football in Mississippi?
iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Nov 26, 2007, 07:25 PM

Ed Orgeron was fired...he deserved it. But moments ago we learned that Jeff Bower of the Southern Miss Golden Eagles was fired. He has had 14 consecutive winning seasons and in the last 10 seasons have gone to 9 bowl games. Granted USM isn't playing in the national championship and most likely never will as long as they are in Conference USA. Hopefully he goes somewhere where he is respected.

Southern Miss athletics is about to undergo the worst P.R. nightmare in history of P.R. nightmares, both nationally and locally.

They earned it.

I don't know whether they're going to say Jeff Bower resigned or whether he was fired — but I know for a fact that he wanted to continue at his alma mater.

Unbelievable: Fourteen consecutive winning seasons, bowls in nine of 10 years, one of the nation's highest graduation rates, virtually a lifetime of service . . . I could go on and on.

I'll be the first to say that USM underachieved this season, BUT after all these years, all that distinguished service, all those victories, you would think they'd give the guy one mulligan, one do-over.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 26, 2007, 07:26 PM

Maybe he was molesting the players and they agreed to keep it quiet in exchange for his dismissal and a bunch of money.

Forum Links
Forum Rules