Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Steve Jobs and stock options

Steve Jobs and stock options
Gator Lager
Senior User
Mar 8, 2007, 08:44 AM

He probably said "I'd be worth how much now ?"
But at his current wealth level (a shite pot full of money), meh whats a billion more or two.
And who knows, maybe in a few years maybe he'll pass ole billy boy on the richer scale.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...2325/index.htm

finboy
Mar 8, 2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Lager View Post
He probably said "I'd be worth how much now ?"
But at his current wealth level (a shite pot full of money), meh whats a billion more or two.
And who knows, maybe in a few years maybe he'll pass ole billy boy on the richer scale.
Steve Jobs' bad bet - March 19, 2007
Nice link. I hadn't seen it, probably wouldn't otherwise.

I remember the 2001 "offer" from Jobs. Great way to point out the difference between doing the job and being a journal writing about the job.

Backdating will probably turn out to be a big deal, so there's a chance some folks will go to jail. Including Jobs. There's a big special section at WSJ about pay policy, and who's already gone down, and it isn't pretty. More and more firms are found each day. I'm not sure who's really harmed by it, but backdating is going to get prosecuted, and folks are going to get fingered.

Monique
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2007, 06:08 PM

I called being rich on options being rich on paper but not in reality. Today, he is worth 800 million plus but if the options plunge he is worth a lot less.

Real money in the bank or realestate is a better indicator of a person being rich.

Ask the guys from startup.com who lost everything after being so rich for a little while. They were the toast of the town and were so full of themselves.

The worth of Jobs is not his stock portfolio but his company, the incredible Apple.

Forum Links
Forum Rules