Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iSync + Palm + iCal probs, help?

iSync + Palm + iCal probs, help?
chasg
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2002, 10:08 AM

Hi All,

strangest thing with using iSync, iCal and my Palm Vx.

I did my first sync, and my calendar stuff (plus addresses and todo), came off my Palm in to iCal. "Cool", I thought. Then...

A second sync (a few minutes later) left my Palm with every single event in my calendar changed to an untimed event, but left the timings intact in iCal.

What??

Ok, I know it's beta (I did make a backup of the original on-computer Palm stuff before using iSync for the first time), but this is strange behaviour (and I haven't found any mention of a problem like this in these fora). Any suggestions as to how to get my calendar info on the Palm back into its proper time slots? (subsequent syncs haven't done it).

help?

Chas

EdGuerin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2002, 04:46 AM

I 've had similar problems with my treo and iSync (Jag. 10.2.2). What I miss in iSync is the ability to choose wether Palm overrides Mac, vice-versa or only to sync certain data. Hopefully Apple will incorporate these features in a later release....

Ed
Ed

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2002, 06:13 AM

Well, I've abandoned iSync and iCal.

iCal seemed strangely slow (on Pismo powerbook), and iSync, well it wasn't very nice to me and my Palm (yeah, I know, it's beta, but iCal wasn't good for me either).

Oh well, they look good, and I'm sure they work great for most people.

Chas

ps. solved my "everything became an untimed event" by sync'ing again, but with Palm Desktop and associated conduits instead of iSync.

boma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2002, 08:21 AM

Revert to Palm Desktop and wait for iCal and iSync updates.
I've never encounterd a bug in an iron-bar.

Forum Links
Forum Rules