Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Arrggg No Airport Express ANYWHERE

Arrggg No Airport Express ANYWHERE
iDriveX
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 10:34 PM

I just called The Apple Store Northridge, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Monica, and The Grove and not one of them had an Airport Express. I was thinking since they are shipping now that I could walk in and pick up an Airport Express. I'm going on a Business Trip Sunday - Thursday and was hoping to plug it into the free internet they have in the room so I could be wireless, unless they have one at the Costa Mesa store on Sunday when I am down in Irvine, looks like I'm gonna be tethered! I guess they are really popular! Anything Apple sells right now is turning to gold.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

PeterKG
Senior User
Jul 24, 2004, 02:21 AM

I was lucky enough to walk into Fry's Fountain Valley store and find one remaining Airport Express to buy. I grabbed it and am listening to iTunes through it right now.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

iDriveX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 02:41 AM

Ooooo Fry's I never thought of that...I'll have to check that out!

Graymalkin
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 03:48 AM

Check the Fry's out in Industry, they're always overlooked because they're so new. In my experience the Anaheim and Costa Mesa Fry's have horrible Apple product stocks. If you're going to be in Irvine don't forget about the Fashion Island and Mission Viejo stores. The MV store is just south of Irvine and the FI store is literally up the street from UCI.

robbie stogs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Graymalkin:
Check the Fry's out in Industry, they're always overlooked because they're so new. In my experience the Anaheim and Costa Mesa Fry's have horrible Apple product stocks. If you're going to be in Irvine don't forget about the Fashion Island and Mission Viejo stores. The MV store is just south of Irvine and the FI store is literally up the street from UCI.

hmm both the Apple stores in Northern VA have them in stock. I am using my PB outside right now. I love this thing! Check compusa as well!
im a n00b

iDriveX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 04:38 PM

I'm going on a road trip fellas! When I return, I will hopefully have an Airport Express, otherwise I will just have a good time listening to my iPod in SoCal Traffic! Wish me luck!

Todd Parker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2004, 05:59 PM

Socal traffic is only bearable with the ipod. Im from the valley and i picked up a new ipod in northridge on thursday, they didn't seem to have any airports.
12'' Powerbook rev C. Bone Stock

Euston Square on 8/24/2004

iDriveX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 07:47 PM

I have returned, the only real stopped traffic I ran into were on the 5 South going to the City of Industry. Then on the way home I took the Pomona freeway directly to the 101 and avoided the 5 but got stuck in stopped traffic on the south side of LA. No Airport Expresses anywhere. I got laughed at everywhere I went because they are so out of stock. But that Fry's in Industry is amazing.

Graymalkin
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2004, 01:07 AM

Where were you driving from, Ventura?

The Industr Fry's is really nicely laid out and fairly well stocked. It is much more impressive than the Anaheim and Costa Mesa stores. The Mac section of the Industry Fry's actually has some staff in it unlike the other two. There's an awesome arcade a few miles down the 60 from the Fry's in Industry with imported Japanese games. Yeah...I've been to Industry a few times.

Parky
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2004, 03:44 AM

Airport Express is not even shipping in Europe until the end of July, and from the problems you are having it may be delayed again.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

iDriveX  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2004, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by Graymalkin:
Where were you driving from, Ventura?

The Industr Fry's is really nicely laid out and fairly well stocked. It is much more impressive than the Anaheim and Costa Mesa stores. The Mac section of the Industry Fry's actually has some staff in it unlike the other two. There's an awesome arcade a few miles down the 60 from the Fry's in Industry with imported Japanese games. Yeah...I've been to Industry a few times.
No, driving from Agoura Hills, take the 60 to the 101 N and go up into the San Fernando Valley. We're the first town out of the San Fernando Valley on the North side if you take the 101 all the way up.

Yeah that place was so incredibly busy. Both Fry's (Woodland Hills and Industry) had an insane amount of people in them. They have to be making a mint there.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 25, 2004, 11:55 AM

AirPort stuff goes in Networking... there are already a zillion threads there -- use one of the existing ones.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules