Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > New Administrator posting garbage

New Administrator posting garbage
Thread Tools
mduell
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Jul 9, 2007, 07:47 PM
 
What's with the new Administrator (thewebdrives) posting garbage threads/posts in other threads?
     
gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: New Yawk
Status: Offline
Jul 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
 
Sorry about this. This is someone we hired to help fix the holdover bugs from the deployment of the new theme from months ago. We'll ask him to post in private forums when possible, but he may need to post a few junk threads to test stuff.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)
     
reader50
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 12:11 AM
 
They do look like spam. Off-topic, repetitive, not too intellectual. Very brief posts, doesn't cite their sources.

However, I don't have the privs to ban this user.
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 12:48 AM
 
An administrator posts 'test' in a few areas of the forum, obviously testing something, and the logical next step is for somebody to create a thread in Feedback about it?

Seriously, does everything need to be questioned here?
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 06:52 AM
 
People are curious by nature.

A better question would be, why would people just being people bother you?

     
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 07:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
An administrator posts 'test' in a few areas of the forum, obviously testing something, and the logical next step is for somebody to create a thread in Feedback about it?

Seriously, does everything need to be questioned here?
Sure and we got an answer without an attitude, also by posting it here, gorgonzola will now ask the mod in question to use the private forum and not the public one, keeps the normal forms nice and tidy for spammers to fill up

You seem to have issues with members posting in the feedback forum.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 08:13 AM
 
Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
Sure and we got an answer without an attitude, also by posting it here, gorgonzola will now ask the mod in question to use the private forum and not the public one, keeps the normal forms nice and tidy for spammers to fill up
Exactly!
You seem to have issues with members posting in the feedback forum.
Some people don't like being "questioned"
It usually stems from insecurity about ones actions.

Not saying this is the case with Lat.

Just in general.
     
Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Copenhagen
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 08:20 AM
 
So this new person is the one presumably responsible for the pinstripe attack day before yesterday, then?
     
mkbhatia
Administrator
Join Date: Dec 1998
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 08:28 AM
 
Yes, he was doing some testing on the CSS for the forums. Neal/Sean have been in touch with him to fix some of bugs and will be working him.
     
Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A House of Ill-Repute in the Sky
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 09:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Seriously, does everything need to be questioned here?
Are you questioning us?
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
 
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 01:32 PM
 
Kevin... Shut up. And turn off your 'New Post in the Feedback forum' e-mails alerts.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 01:42 PM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Kevin... Shut up. And turn off your 'New Post in the Feedback forum' e-mails alerts.
ya... ya... ya... yy you.. you.. you... shsh shhsh shut... up. [/insecuritycomplex]
     
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Kevin... Shut up. And turn off your 'New Post in the Feedback forum' e-mails alerts.
Dude chill out, you're taking things too serious. Kevin hasn't said anything wrong and you seem to be a little too uptight about his email alerts and/or posting in the feedback forum.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
 
Everyone needs to relax and remember: It's. Just. A. Forum. Repeat this as many times as it takes for you to remember it. We have our answer. Stop the pointless sniping.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Join Date: Sep 2000
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 04:35 PM
 
if he's an administrator, is there something preventing him from deleting his comments? they don't contribute anything to the threads.

-r.
     
gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: New Yawk
Status: Offline
Jul 10, 2007, 06:46 PM
 
Nothing's preventing him, I'll remind him that he can and should do this.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 06:50 AM
 
*sigh*

For the record, I have no email alerts on anything.
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Kevin... Shut up. And turn off your 'New Post in the Feedback forum' e-mails alerts.
WTF?
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
 
I think we should start a thread (in the feedback lounge) about our thoughts on whether or not we think Lateralus should continue to be a mod or not. Not that it would do any good or anything. But drawing attention to his behavior is a good thing™.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I think we should start a thread (in the feedback lounge) about our thoughts on whether or not we think Lateralus should continue to be a mod or not. Not that it would do any good or anything. But drawing attention to his behavior is a good thing™.
They'd lock it for the "no threads about members" rule. But there does need to be some way to discuss this with the admins. As a moderator, he represents the admins...and his being a jerk doesn't exactly help their image.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 06:17 PM
 
Meh, we don't have any say as to who gets and doesn't get mods or admins. So that would do no good.

Besides what if there is something going on in Lat's life that is making him more stressed than usual? Everyone gets "edgy" and pissy when anxiety kicks in.

I don't think making a new thread, or continuing down this path on this one will produce results any of us want.

So lets go eat some brownies or something.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Besides what if there is something going on in Lat's life that is making him more stressed than usual? Everyone gets "edgy" and pissy when anxiety kicks in.
It's true, we just would prefer a more professional attitude. We all get stressed. Hopefully we don't all take it out on our constituents.

Now, where are those brownies?
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Rumor
Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the verge of insanity
Status: Online
Jul 11, 2007, 06:29 PM
 
"Special" brownies could reduce anxiety.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I think we should start a thread (in the feedback lounge) about our thoughts on whether or not we think Lateralus should continue to be a mod or not. Not that it would do any good or anything. But drawing attention to his behavior is a good thing™.


I'm the one having a behavioral problem? I'm not one of the two people who has done nothing but complain and fuel arguments since joining the forum. What do you or Kevin honestly contribute to the forum? When was the last time either of you showed any appreciation for the work of the admins and mods when not called out to do so or when not having a personal interest in something that was taken care of?

Don't be upset. Be grateful that you've been allowed to get away with causing so many problems for so long without being called out publicly on it.

If anything, the fact that you and Kevin are upset with me lets me know I am definitely doing something right.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 09:47 PM
 
Good grief, everybody in this thread, take a Midol right now.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."
     
mduell  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 09:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
An administrator posts 'test' in a few areas of the forum, obviously testing something, and the logical next step is for somebody to create a thread in Feedback about it?

Seriously, does everything need to be questioned here?
I'd expect the administrator doing that to clean it up shortly afterward; instead I was seeing more posts in more threads. I also was concerned that the forum may have been hacked (web forums aren't known for being the most secure pieces of software, lots of injection/scripting attacks), so I thought posting in the Feedback forum would be a good way to alert the admins to what was happening.
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 10:02 PM
 
10-4

But that is the kind of thing that PMs exist for. Opening it for public conversation just makes too big of a deal out of.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
 
The problem with that plan is that it's not really obvious who you need to PM about things. If there were an obvious "Oh, here's who I talk to," people would probably do that. But people don't know who they need to talk to, they just know he's likely to be reading this forum.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 10:14 PM
 
I think Rule #4 of MacNN is 'If you don't know, ask Demonhood'

But seriously though, I think who needs to be messaged can be fairly easily ascertained. If it's a technical forum issue, ask an admin. If it's more of a member issue or something in a 'gray area', ask the mod who has jurisdiction.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 10:29 PM
 
I'll go ahead and crap this out since I may not get another viable opportunity for a while.

I'm directing this at Kevin, RR and pals but I'm saying it to everybody who is bothering to read it;

If you ever wonder why an admin or moderator seems cranky, it's because there is something about this message board in particular that causes certain members to constantly toss words like 'duty, honor, professionalism, serve, image' in the faces of people who ***volunteer*** their free time to help maintain this board.

Yes, that's right people. Nobody on the staff gets paid a dime for overseeing this board. We're all here because we enjoy it. Or at least because we're trying to enjoy it.

This is a computer message board people. Get over yourselves. You're sitting in front of a computer. It is supposed to be fun for everybody. Including those who oversee it.

But, like I said, there is something about MacNN that has it dragging weeds.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
 
It'd be a lot cleaner if you guys just started banning people like you used to...
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I'll go ahead and crap this out since I may not get another viable opportunity for a while.

I'm directing this at Kevin, RR and pals but I'm saying it to everybody who is bothering to read it;

If you ever wonder why an admin or moderator seems cranky, it's because there is something about this message board in particular that causes certain members to constantly toss words like 'duty, honor, professionalism, serve, image' in the faces of people who ***volunteer*** their free time to help maintain this board.
Perhaps it's time for a break from volunteering then, if it's affecting you in this way.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:11 PM
 
That's not what he's saying. Why is it so hard just to respect those in charge? Obviously that doesn't always work IRL (let's not make them shove this into the political lounge), but this message board is voluntary. You either respect the rules, or they bite your six off.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mister Elf View Post
That's not what he's saying. Why is it so hard just to respect those in charge? Obviously that doesn't always work IRL (let's not make them shove this into the political lounge), but this message board is voluntary. You either respect the rules, or they bite your six off.
I think the point was made that some mods are more antagonistic than others.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
 
That was a fast edit...unfortunately those e-mail notifications send the original full text of the message. Some bosses are more antagonistic than others...does that make them any less your boss?
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:47 PM
 
Originally Posted by Mister Elf View Post
That was a fast edit...unfortunately those e-mail notifications send the original full text of the message. Some bosses are more antagonistic than others...does that make them any less your boss?
Are mods bosses, or referees?
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 11, 2007, 11:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Are mods bosses, or referees?
There's not much difference...it could be said that a "boss" is also a referee, and a referee is, in many cases, a player's boss (in addition to the coach) for the duration of the game.
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 12:27 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
[img]http://pubpages.unh.edu/~aci2/rollbarf.gif[img]

I'm the one having a behavioral problem? I'm not one of the two people who has done nothing but complain and fuel arguments since joining the forum.
Hyperbole much?

Seriously, get off your high horse and admit you were rude to Kevin.
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
What do you or Kevin honestly contribute to the forum?
A LOT more than you.
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
When was the last time either of you showed any appreciation for the work of the admins and mods when not called out to do so or when not having a personal interest in something that was taken care of?
I do it in PMs. You'll have to ask ghporter.
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Don't be upset.
Hah ha... look in the mirror pal.
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Be grateful that you've been allowed to get away with causing so many problems for so long without being called out publicly on it.
I do something wrong, give me an infraction or ban me for it. Put up or shut up.
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
If anything, the fact that you and Kevin are upset with me lets me know I am definitely doing something right.
I am not upset with you. You are the one who's upset at us pointing out your hypocrisy.
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 12:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I'll go ahead and crap this out since I may not get another viable opportunity for a while.

I'm directing this at Kevin, RR and pals but I'm saying it to everybody who is bothering to read it;

If you ever wonder why an admin or moderator seems cranky, it's because there is something about this message board in particular that causes certain members to constantly toss words like 'duty, honor, professionalism, serve, image' in the faces of people who ***volunteer*** their free time to help maintain this board.

Yes, that's right people. Nobody on the staff gets paid a dime for overseeing this board. We're all here because we enjoy it. Or at least because we're trying to enjoy it.

This is a computer message board people. Get over yourselves. You're sitting in front of a computer. It is supposed to be fun for everybody. Including those who oversee it.

But, like I said, there is something about MacNN that has it dragging weeds.
You need a vacation.

Or perhaps just start moderating more fairly and you'll notice most of your critics will go away. You could start with users who quote other users in their sigs. I was banned for it and yet someone is currently doing it for the last few weeks even after it has been pointed out to a couple mods.

Or you could just stop coming here if you don't like it so much. No ones forcing you (or even paying you) to be here.
     
Mister Elf
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2003
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 12:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
You could start with users who quote other users in their sigs. I was banned for it and yet someone is currently doing it for the last few weeks even after it has been pointed out to a couple mods.
I had a quote in my sig up until last week. I had mods comment on how amusing the quote itself was when I first put it up...perhaps your ban had to do with the content of the quote rather than the presence of said quote. Or, maybe, you're just making yourself too big of a target.

That said, is this really the place for this discussion?
Midshipman 3/C, USNR
     
Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
 
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Hyperbole much?

Seriously, get off your high horse and admit you were rude to Kevin.
My high horse?

And I'll admit I was rude to Kevin when he admits he's been rude to everybody around here for the past 8 years. You might want to consider doing the same.

A LOT more than you.
Like... what?

I do it in PMs. You'll have to ask ghporter.
As I said, when 'not having a personal interest'. If you're going to bother responding to my posts, please read what you're quoting first.

Hah ha... look in the mirror pal.
Don't break apart my paragraphs for fodder. It makes you look petty. And desperate.

I do something wrong, give me an infraction or ban me for it. Put up or shut up.
You've received plenty of both. What is there for me to put up?

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
You need a vacation.

Or perhaps just start moderating more fairly and you'll notice most of your critics will go away. You could start with users who quote other users in their sigs. I was banned for it and yet someone is currently doing it for the last few weeks even after it has been pointed out to a couple mods.

Or you could just stop coming here if you don't like it so much. No ones forcing you (or even paying you) to be here.
You see, this post is funny.

Nobody on this staff will ever moderate fairly. It's impossible. Because no matter who does what, we're gonna catch flack from somebody for doing what needed to be done.

Why should I go on vacation? So I can come back to see the same people who have been causing the same problems for the entire life of this forum continuing to cause them?

I don't see a solution in that.

As for your little signature ban, complain to somebody who cares. I had nothing to do with it.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er
     
Railroader
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indy.
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 01:16 AM
 
Whatever Lat.

Just shut up ok?
     
Rumor
Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the verge of insanity
Status: Online
Jul 12, 2007, 05:16 AM
 
Kevin & RR,

Back the **** up off of Lat. I know for a fact that he contributes more than they crap you guys do. Have a technical problem? He might be able to help. He's helped me in the past as with many others. (Remember, this is a technical board primarily, your personal bitch and moan board second.) However, both of you do nothing but push buttons or in your own words, RR, touch a nerve.

Are you two bitter that you are both too big of an asshole for someone to actually offer you a mod position? Grow up. You are both, according to your "projections", adults. Start acting like it. Do either of you own these boards? No. So if you don't like them, piss off.

This board is primarily about technical issues that deal with Macintosh Computers (Apple, Inc now or whatever). It isn't about your personal opinion regarding Paris Hilton's latest haircut or your favorite guitar. The Lounge and PL is there as a courtesy.

Start acting like the adults you claim you are.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 06:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post


I'm the one having a behavioral problem? I'm not one of the two people who has done nothing but complain and fuel arguments since joining the forum.
Exaggeration.
What do you or Kevin honestly contribute to the forum? When was the last time either of you showed any appreciation for the work of the admins and mods when not called out to do so or when not having a personal interest in something that was taken care of?
You can ask many a mod in here that I have praised for doing a great job. I've done in it the middle of the forum, AND in private.
Don't be upset. Be grateful that you've been allowed to get away with causing so many problems for so long without being called out publicly on it.
The only person that seems upset here is you. And you should be saying that to yourself.
If anything, the fact that you and Kevin are upset with me lets me know I am definitely doing something right.
But I am not upset with you. Did you not just read my post I made? People even accussed me of brown nosing or getting "brownie points"

You are waaay off track yet again Lat. I don't hate you. I don't even know you.

I was even attempting to make a positive spin on your bad behavior in this thread. And what do you do? Attack me.

I doubt I get an apology, but hey. That's the MacNN Way®
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 06:17 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I'll go ahead and crap this out since I may not get another viable opportunity for a while.

I'm directing this at Kevin, RR and pals but I'm saying it to everybody who is bothering to read it;

If you ever wonder why an admin or moderator seems cranky, it's because there is something about this message board in particular that causes certain members to constantly toss words like 'duty, honor, professionalism, serve, image' in the faces of people who ***volunteer*** their free time to help maintain this board.

Yes, that's right people. Nobody on the staff gets paid a dime for overseeing this board. We're all here because we enjoy it. Or at least because we're trying to enjoy it.

This is a computer message board people. Get over yourselves. You're sitting in front of a computer. It is supposed to be fun for everybody. Including those who oversee it.

But, like I said, there is something about MacNN that has it dragging weeds.
How come no other mod acts like you do in here then Lat? No one is really complaining about other mods in this thread. No one is complaining abut me or rail or everyone else in this thread that has told you that you are out of line.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jul 12, 2007 at 06:35 AM. )
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 06:26 AM
 
posts That are full of baseless accusations like yours were.

The people that get their post picked apart of course don't like it because of the same reason, but surely it's not fodder, nor is he the one looking desperate.

Nobody on this staff will ever moderate fairly. It's impossible. Because no matter who does what, we're gonna catch flack from somebody for doing what needed to be done.
I don't think people are asking for perfect modding. I think people are asking for when mods DO screw up, they make it better and apologize. This rarely if ever happens. Even the times other mods had to over-ride bad decisions you've made you've never admitted to being wrong.

So that either means 1. You are never wrong. or 2. You are, but just never admit to it. And don't think you should apologize to anyone.

Respect goes both ways. If you don't respect the people that go here, the people that go here wont respect you.

Having said that, I personally haven't heard ANYONE complain about ANY mod lately. Well cept for when you come in and start your bullying.
Why should I go on vacation? So I can come back to see the same people who have been causing the same problems for the entire life of this forum continuing to cause them?
Again this isn't about these make believe people. People in thread aren't complaining about us. They are complaining about YOU.

So instead of attempting to shift blame, or shift topics, you should really deal with what people are coming to you complaining about.

If it was just me complaining you could push it off like you are attempting to. But it's not. I counted 5 different people in this thread that have said something to you. Yet you aren't gonna budge. You've done nothing wrong you say.

And then you wonder why you get no respect. The color of your stars a lone wont give you respect.

And just for the record Lat, I've hard complaints from NN's own "staff" about you. It's not just the users.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jul 12, 2007 at 06:43 AM. )
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 06:38 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
10-4

But that is the kind of thing that PMs exist for. Opening it for public conversation just makes too big of a deal out of.
No, this is what this part of the forum is for. You seem to want everything PM'd so the "public" can't see anything wrong going on for some reason.

We have enough problems with double posts. But if the OP hadn't posted a thread on it, and pvt msg'd a op, someone ELSE would have posted a thread on it. Why? It's where we are supposed to post such threads.

I'd still like to know how a person is supposed to msg a mod about a lock topic when certain mods lock topics without letting the user know who did it.

Why would any mod want to do that?

BTW I am not on the side of those that think you need to leave or lose your admin privs. I think you should keep them, and work on the way you deal with people instead. Removing your admin status wont help you at all.

One more thing, you wont get respect until you show it. So don't expect it when you are being a condescending jerk to people in here.

Do I respect you? No. You've given me or anyone else any reason to. Do I hate you? Of course not. I don't think anyone in this thread does.

You just don't take ANY sort of criticism very well. Constructive or not.

And that isn't OUR problem. You attempting to project your problems onto us is going the opposite direction if you want respect.

Again Lat I don't hate you. *Huggle snuggle bunnies hugs*
( Last edited by Kevin; Jul 12, 2007 at 06:45 AM. )
     
Kevin
Baninated
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In yer threads
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 06:56 AM
 
[QUOTE=Rumor ]Kevin & RR,

Back the **** up off of Lat.[quote]
Rumor we aren't the only people complaining about him. Why are you singling us two out? Not only that, before you posted this, I was attempting to TAKE UP FOR HIM. There were many people, not just me and RR that were telling him he needed to take a break, or step down. I took up for him saying that shouldn't be the case. And I still am. But that doesn't mean the stuff he IS doing wrong is legit. It's not.
I know for a fact that he contributes more than they crap you guys do.
No, you just made a baseless accusation right there. You don't know for a fact. You have an opinion. Not that it matters. Him contributing to the forum doesn't excuse his bad behavior. *I* myself have been told that.
Have a technical problem? He might be able to help. He's helped me in the past as with many others. (Remember, this is a technical board primarily, your personal bitch and moan board second.) However, both of you do nothing but push buttons or in your own words, RR, touch a nerve.
Hyperbole and simply not true.
Are you two bitter that you are both too big of an asshole for someone to actually offer you a mod position?
Projection. I wouldn't take a mod position in here if they payed me. Nothing against MacNN, I just wouldn't.
Grow up. You are both, according to your "projections", adults. Start acting like it. Do either of you own these boards? No. So if you don't like them, piss off.
We aren't the ones acting childish. If you see, the majority of the complaints here aren't about us. But about Lat. Yet you single'd us out as if that was the case. Why is that? Hell when you posted this thread I had barely posted, and actually TOOK UP FOR THE GUY.
This board is primarily about technical issues that deal with Macintosh Computers (Apple, Inc now or whatever). It isn't about your personal opinion regarding Paris Hilton's latest haircut or your favorite guitar. The Lounge and PL is there as a courtesy.
You aren't someone to tell people what the forum is about really. And you are acting a tad pretentious on your high horse.
Start acting like the adults you claim you are.
You surely haven't shown a good example of doing this with your post of yours rumor.

This post of your isn't a good example of "adult like behavior" This thread looks more like just another Rumor rant against two people he doesn't like. Especially since there was a lot more than just me and Rail saying anything to lat. Some even said worse things.

But you didn't say anything to those people. Yes, this post of yours is transparent as the morning dew.

Again, it's just not the users that have complained about Lat's actions in this forum. It's just not me and Rail. It's not a conspiracy. It's nothing those that have legit complaints need to "grow up" from.

As a matter of fact, had Lat not came in and started his ranting no one would have said **** to him. He brought it all on himself.

You guys go on though and argue. There is no point in it. The mods/admins/users that complain about Lat will still continue to do so. And nothing will be done either way.

So for THAT reason, there really is no reason to complain. But for that reason only.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with questioning authority. Checks and balances.

The only people that would have problems with it is.

1. Insecure people that aren't secure with their own decisions.
2. People that know they don't do right, but don't want anyone bringing it up in public.

If what you are doing is just, you wont care. It's as simple as that.

However, if you are insecure, and know you may have done something wrong, the LAST thing you'll want someone to do is make it known. That will send said person into attack/defense mode.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jul 12, 2007 at 07:05 AM. )
     
mduell  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Jul 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
 
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
But seriously though, I think who needs to be messaged can be fairly easily ascertained. If it's a technical forum issue, ask an admin. If it's more of a member issue or something in a 'gray area', ask the mod who has jurisdiction.
Where's the list of admins? Demonhood is a good contact, but he may be on vacation or otherwise busy.
Where's the list of moderator jurisdictions?
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,