Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Automator / Applescript Help

Automator / Applescript Help
kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 9, 2009, 02:47 PM

I have a vast array of TV Shows that I have ripped and am using iTunes to catalogue them all. It's been great - although every time I put something in, it adds them under 'Movies' and doesn't give me the information I want. I'm looking to change them all to TV Shows with the correct episode ID; and also change the name so that it removes the [Show] [Season] element from the filename. I can do it all manually, but that takes a lot of time. Here's an example in Finder and in iTunes, which should make it easier to understand what I'm on about:

FYI I'm using a script called Movie2iTunes to add AVI files to iTunes.

Is it possible for Automator or Applescript to do this? That is, rename every one of those episodes and change their details to what I'm after. I'm a complete newbie in the area, and would hate to do them all manually. I've created basic automator scripts before, and I've heard the power of it is great. Hoping this will do the trick for what I'm after.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: will this do the trick? http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...kindofselected
> Yep! it does. Solved.
( Last edited by kylef; Jun 9, 2009 at 03:24 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules