Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Does Your Laptop Crash On Sleep? (Leopard Only)

View Poll Results: Does your Mac laptop running Leopard crash sometimes when you close the lid?
Poll Options:
Yes, my laptop crashes OFTEN when I close the lid. 3 votes (42.86%)
Yes, my laptop crashes RARELY when I close the lid. 1 votes (14.29%)
No, my laptop does not crash when I close the lid. 3 votes (42.86%)
Um, my laptop isn't running Leopard, but I have to vote in the poll anyway because I have ADD. 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Does Your Laptop Crash On Sleep? (Leopard Only)
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2008, 11:47 AM

Hi
This is a poll for Leopard users only. I thought it was just me at first, but nearly every client of mine that I've convinced to upgrade to Leopard, has crash-on-sleep problems when they close their lid. This is for laptops only of course. Please take this poll, and let me know if you do OR do not have crash problems when you close the lid of your Mac Laptop, running Leopard.

And a little background on the crahses. What happens is the computer crashes the instant you close the lid. The screen shuts off as normal, but the sleep light doesn't start pulsing, it stays on solid. The computer is still running and gets very very hot after a few minutes. If you put your computer in a computer bag, when you take it out it could be super super hot, or it will have drained the battery fully and it will be totally dead. If you catch it, there is still no way to fix it. If you open a laptop in this crashed state, it will not 'wake up' the only thing to do as far as I know, is to hold the power button to do a hard shutdown, then power it back up normally.

Forum Links
Forum Rules