Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > vegetarians R the Wrk of the DEVIL!!!!

vegetarians R the Wrk of the DEVIL!!!!
Ken Masters
Banned
Jun 1, 2003, 02:15 AM

Are vegetarians the work of the DEVIL, have they sent been sent to earth to hinder us, to become the evil driving force that we must triumph over. I believe so; I believe that Vegetarians are EVIL�

So what can the average Joe do to deflect these evil impulses and ideals so that these so-called vegetarians don�t possess him? I personally do not know� The future is pretty bleak.

All I can say is, that we must not give up; we must stop the Vegiheads, from convincing others of this evil occult. By personal experience crosses do not work!!!, Let me emphasise on that,
CROSSES DO NOT WORK�.

Vegetarians are the source of all evil; they are the reasons why the world is so unhealthy today. They are the reasons behind, famine, diseases, and even EARTH QUAKES�

They are the reason behind everything� and they must be stopped�

What would Jesus do, in this situation�the only thing to do, poison all vegetables, so that they will have no choice but to starve to death�.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2003, 02:21 AM

So ... um ... your cool tripod sig is over the guidlines. *Cough*

Ken Masters  (op)
Banned
Jun 1, 2003, 02:27 AM

Some people are so Know'SEY......

I guess the vegitarians got you TOO hey...?

Ohh well at least we can save others...

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2003, 02:28 AM

It's cool, man. Bologna rocks.

Steb Mad
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2003, 02:31 AM

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2003, 02:54 AM

Another Piece of Crap thread by Ken Masters!

Find something better to do. The crap you post isn't funny.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2003, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Are vegetarians the work of the DEVIL, have they sent been sent to earth to hinder us, to become the evil driving force that we must triumph over. I believe so; I believe that Vegetarians are EVIL?

So what can the average Joe do to deflect these evil impulses and ideals so that these so-called vegetarians don?t possess him? I personally do not know? The future is pretty bleak.

All I can say is, that we must not give up; we must stop the Vegiheads, from convincing others of this evil occult. By personal experience crosses do not work!!!, Let me emphasise on that,
CROSSES DO NOT WORK?.

Vegetarians are the source of all evil; they are the reasons why the world is so unhealthy today. They are the reasons behind, famine, diseases, and even EARTH QUAKES?

They are the reason behind everything? and they must be stopped?

What would Jesus do, in this situation?the only thing to do, poison all vegetables, so that they will have no choice but to starve to death?.

what are you gonna fatten up the cows with?

Cipher13
Jun 1, 2003, 03:13 AM

I'm not a fan of vegans, or vegetarians. Their choice in the end, but I think it's a silly, unhealthy one.

krove
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2003, 03:25 AM

Fruitarians are even worse! How they survive is beyond my comprehension...

This is why veggies are evil:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,51494,00.html

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2003, 03:35 AM

Originally posted by krove:
Fruitarians are even worse! How they survive is beyond my comprehension...

This is why veggies are evil:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,51494,00.html
The Swintons, who say they approach veganism as a religion, fed the child a diet of "ground nuts, fresh-squeezed fruit juices, herbal tea, beans, cod liver oil and flax seed oil," a complaint said.
eh? theyre stupid.

willed
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 08:26 AM

I'm fine with it being their choice - it's just when it affects others, like that NY Post story for instance. Or even when they turn up to dinner, the host has prepared a lovely bolgnese or something, and they say 'oh, by the way, I'm vegetarian'.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2003, 08:33 AM

Are vegetarians the work of the DEVIL, have they sent been sent to earth to hinder us, to become the evil driving force that we must triumph over....
you=fvcktard

...that's all.

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Amorya
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2003, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by willed:
I'm fine with it being their choice - it's just when it affects others, like that NY Post story for instance. Or even when they turn up to dinner, the host has prepared a lovely bolgnese or something, and they say 'oh, by the way, I'm vegetarian'.
If they have any consideration at all, they'd tell the host first, when they received the invite.

I've seldom had problems like that, for that reason. Except in France, when if you say you're a vegetarian they assume you can eat fish. There were a few embarrassing incidents before I learned that.

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2003, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by scaught:
what are you gonna fatten up the cows with?
Veal?

MikeM

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2003, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by MikeM33:
Veal?

MikeM

Mmmmm.... veal....
[img]www.thespark.com/graphics/drool.gif[/img]

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 12:57 PM

Are vegetarians the work of the DEVIL, have they sent been sent to earth to hinder us, to become the evil driving force that we must triumph over. I believe so; I believe that Vegetarians are EVIL�

So what can the average Joe do to deflect these evil impulses and ideals so that these so-called vegetarians don�t possess him? I personally do not know� The future is pretty bleak.

CROSSES DO NOT WORK�.

Vegetarians are the source of all evil; they are the reasons why the world is so unhealthy today. They are the reasons behind, famine, diseases, and even EARTH QUAKES�

They are the reason behind everything� and they must be stopped�

What would Jesus do, in this situation�the only thing to do, poison all vegetables, so that they will have no choice but to starve to death�.

Chris

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2003, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
It's cool, man. Bologna rocks.

I can remember having bologna sandwiches growing up, thought they were OK! It's probably been >25 years since I've had any. Can't stand the taste. Processed meats are terrible when it comes to the cholesteral. I don't see vegetarians as evil. We should be eating less red meats. Fruits and vegetables and very important for a long and healthy life!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2003, 03:00 PM

props to people who get the inside joke

Nicko
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
props to people who get the inside joke [/B]
Oh oh I get it!

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2003, 06:07 PM

It's true, I'm veggie and quite often make sacrifices of celery hearts to the devil

g. olson
Forum Regular
Jun 1, 2003, 07:11 PM

Adolph Hitler was a vegetarian, non-smoker and an animal rights activist. In fact, some of the first animal rights laws were passed by the Nazis. That said, my disclaimer is that I am the guardian (politically correct version of pet-owner) of 6 dogs and 4 cats. I would never eat one of my pets, but we sure do enjoy sharing a big juicy steak!
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds" - Emerson

shmerek
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
I'm not a fan of vegans, or vegetarians. Their choice in the end, but I think it's a silly, unhealthy one.
Unhealthy? How so?

malvolio
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 11:18 PM

Vegetarians are delicious when barbecued!
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2003, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by malvolio:
Vegetarians are delicious when barbecued!
afterall, you are what you eat.

Cipher13
Jun 1, 2003, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:
Unhealthy? How so?
We're carnivores, like it or not. Vegetarianism goes against the laws of nature.

Our body obtains nutrients from many sources, including meat.

Introducing morals and ethics into nutrition in such a way as fruitarians or vegans do is absolutely stupid, in my opinion.

Our body NEEDS sustenance from meat. Like it or not.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jun 2, 2003, 01:47 AM

Actually, we are omnivores.

But the study of our jaws, teeth, and digestive tract (using other animals as references) leads scientists to believe that the human body is designed to eat primarily grains and vegetables. But not solely -- we need the complete proteins from meat (even soy doesn't have as many complete proteins as meat).

That said, I love meat. I just try to buy smaller amounts of meat from animal-friendly sources... e.g., I like my veal to have come from non-anemic calves who got to roam around. And no hormones. Eww hormones!

tooki

krove
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2003, 01:51 AM

Hormones are bad! I say DOWN WITH McDONALDS! and in WITH In 'n Out, who actually do not use reprocessed beef (i.e. beef from multiple cows all mixed together, instead beef from one cow). Plus everything is prepared fresh (and not delivered half-made off some semitruck), and tastes great!

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2003, 01:55 AM

Our body NEEDS sustenance from meat. Like it or not.
What information do you have to back this up? Everyone knows that vegetarians are healthier, have more energy, etc. I see no reason to eat animals, and there are certainly no proven negative effects, and many proven positive ones.

If you are expressing a personal opinion, please don't state it as fact.

krove
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2003, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by swsteckly:
What information do you have to back this up? Everyone knows that vegetarians are healthier, have more energy, etc. I see no reason to eat animals, and there are certainly no proven negative effects, and many proven positive ones.

For those who lend credence to evolutionary theory, I can tell you that as a species, our brains only evolved through the eating of meat (beginning with the soft marrow from bones of animals), containing high sources of energy that our brains required to develop to the level we are at today.

I'd say that's proof enough that we require meat to fully complete our diet.

Also, lack of proof on your part is not proof in itself that we do not require meat in our diet.

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2003, 02:37 AM

For those who lend credence to evolutionary theory, I can tell you that as a species, our brains only evolved through the eating of meat (beginning with the soft marrow from bones of animals), containing high sources of energy that our brains required to develop to the level we are at today.

Also, lack of proof on your part is not proof in itself that we do not require meat in our diet.
our brains evolved through the eating of meat? wow, where did you EVEN get that?
besides your 'proof' needs more credibility, so your 'lack of proof' statement can be used against your argument.

Nicko
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2003, 02:54 AM

I agree. I love meat. But I have also cut down on eating low quality/hormone laden stuff and stick to the good quality stuff. For example, I can't stand hamburger now, extra lean is ok sometimes, but otherwise it just grosses me out - I stick to real cuts of meat now, atleast I know it came from a real cow

Another thing about meat to consider, in no other time in human history have people eaten so much of the stuff! Hundreds and thousands of years ago people only ate meat maybe once or twice a week. Only now in the post industrial period can we afford to eat it everyday.

Cipher13
Jun 2, 2003, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by tooki:
Sorry, yeah, slip of the tongue. You know what I meant.

Originally posted by swsteckly:

Healthier? Have more energy? Everyone knows that, do they? What's your source?

You're incorrect.

Evolutionarily... herbivores have always been playing catchup.

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2003, 03:16 AM

the only thing meat provides our bodies with that most vegetables don't is amino acids

if you make sure to get all the amino acids you need, you can stop eating meat

hell, you could get all the required nutrients by drinking tasteless sludge all day

but why would you want to?

oh, and the meat = brain thing is bunk.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Cipher13
Jun 2, 2003, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by AlbertWu:
the only thing meat provides our bodies with that most vegetables don't is amino acids

if you make sure to get all the amino acids you need, you can stop eating meat

hell, you could get all the required nutrients by drinking tasteless sludge all day

but why would you want to?

oh, and the meat = brain thing is bunk.
Yeah, that's sort of the point.

"Vegetables provide all necessary dietary components except for...".

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 07:06 AM

Yeah, that's sort of the point.

"Vegetables provide all necessary dietary components except for...".
ding ding ding

meat is an easy way to get a lot of vitamins and nutrients that otherwise would be much harder to find in just vegetables. people barely understand how to eat healthy, much less eat healthy as a vegetarian.

at any rate, eating meat is cultural. I don't see anything wrong with following tradition. when my great grand folks were starving for any type of food at all before they immigrated, i certainly would not insult their hard work by protesting meat eaters.

at the same time i would not stop vegetarians. although more difficult, to each his own.

andi*pandi
Jun 2, 2003, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kmkkid:

QUOTE]

don't have much to say about veggism, but MAN, that is one cute bunny pic!

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2003, 08:19 AM

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 12:25 PM

wow. ive never seen so much pseudo fact slinging in one thread before.

oh wait. i think ive seen it in every other macnn lounge thread.

carry on...

adamk
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2003, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
ding ding ding

meat is an easy way to get a lot of vitamins and nutrients that otherwise would be much harder to find in just vegetables. people barely understand how to eat healthy, much less eat healthy as a vegetarian.
i agree that most people don't understand how to eat healthy. in my experience, it is vegetarians who are more concerned with eating healthy than those who don't. for many that is the reason they choose to be vegetarian in the first place.

it is not that hard either to get amino acids (or whatever magical property meat possesses (B12?)) into a vegetarian diet. liquid amino acids ("Braggs") are available at most health/food stores.

at the same time i would not stop vegetarians. although more difficult, to each his own.
thanks for not stopping us... we appreciate it.

adam
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" begins with yrself.

"He that fights for Allah's cause fights for himself. Allah does not need His creatures' help." -koran, the spider, 29:7

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 01:22 PM

Now, where did I put that can of Soilent Green...
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2003, 01:56 PM

I can tell you that as a species, our brains only evolved through the eating of meat
Sorry, but that's a load of cr@p.

Yeah, we're omnivores, not carnivores. And most recommended diet regimens (by physicians and nutritionists) only advise 10-15% protein calories.

I think it's a silly, unhealthy one.
A proper vegetarian diet can be VERY healthy, but it's easier to have a healthy omnivorous diet.

The problem is that most people do NOT have either a proper vegetarian diet, nor do they eat a proper omnivorous diet.

i agree that most people don't understand how to eat healthy. in my experience, it is vegetarians who are more concerned with eating healthy than those who don't. for many that is the reason they choose to be vegetarian in the first place.

it is not that hard either to get amino acids (or whatever magical property meat possesses (B12?)) into a vegetarian diet. liquid amino acids ("Braggs") are available at most health/food stores.
Well, that's more like a vegetarian diet with artificial supplements. Not quite the same as a true vegetarian diet. B12 supplements are usually recommended for vegan pregnant women, or kids, etc. It is less of an issue if you're a lacto-ovo vegetarian +/- fish vs. a vegan or whatever. It's pretty easy to get B12 in a non-vegan diet. Actually, many foods are fortified these days too (like cereals and soy milk) so it's possible to have a vegan diet with no B12 pills - but that's still a form of supplementation.

I would disagree with the statement that "it is vegetarians who are more concerned with eating healthy". Indeed, back in my university days, it seemed the most common "vegetarian" meal I encountered was French Fries with a Diet Coke.

BTW, I'll eat virtually anything but try to adhere to a diet of 50-60% carbs, 15% protein, and the rest fat, and in moderation, with exercise. ie. Omnivore.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Eug:

I would disagree with the statement that "it is vegetarians who are more concerned with eating healthy". Indeed, back in my university days, it seemed the most common "vegetarian" meal I encountered was French Fries with a Diet Coke.
amen brother. says scott the vegetarian as he washes down a morningstar chik pattie filled tortilla with cheese and ranch with a can of vanilla coke.

stick that in yr "concerned with eating healthy" pipe and leave it sitting around unattended. or something.

adamk
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2003, 03:07 PM

yeah, i don't doubt that. i'll counter that when i was in college, i and alot of people i knew then, ate french fries and drank cokes, along with a hamburgers. doesn't really make the omnivore variant any more healthy. yes, a burger can have lettuce and tomatoes, but other things can counter those positive aspects.

i still am of the mind that it is more difficult to have a healthy diet than a convenient diet. if you are interested in eating well, vegetarian or otherwise, it'll take a little dedication and forethought.

adam

gotta have yr green...
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" begins with yrself.

"He that fights for Allah's cause fights for himself. Allah does not need His creatures' help." -koran, the spider, 29:7

ctisevn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2003, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by adamk:

i still am of the mind that it is more difficult to have a healthy diet than a convenient diet. if you are interested in eating well, vegetarian or otherwise, it'll take a little dedication and forethought.

adam

gotta have yr green...
precisely. I havent eaten any meat or meat products in 3 years but I havent suffered for it in the least. There is nothing to my knowledge that is gained from a carniverous diet that can't be obtained through a well rounded vegetarian diet. As a competitive cyclist, the benefits have been huge for me. my resting heart rate is down substantially as is my body fat %. You cant simply cut out the meat and eat the same though, you need to substitute with soy products and other mono/polyunsaturated fats and proteins. its definitely a healthier diet though.

Cipher13
Jun 2, 2003, 05:31 PM

Sorry, but that's a load of cr@p.

Yeah, we're omnivores, not carnivores. And most recommended diet regimens (by physicians and nutritionists) only advise 10-15% protein calories.

A proper vegetarian diet can be VERY healthy, but it's easier to have a healthy omnivorous diet.
Yes, omnivore, I know, as I said, it was a slip-up.

And yes, it's easier to have a healthy omnivorous diet - that's the way we were designed to be. Going veg means not giving your body all it requires. The only way to make up for it is with dietary supplements, which is, again, silly.

Anybody who goes veg to get healthier should consider a more well-regulated omnivorous regime.

ctisevn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2003, 06:00 PM

Going veg means not giving your body all it requires. The only way to make up for it is with dietary supplements, which is, again, silly.
thats not at all true. in fact its false. as I stated above, you can make up for any "deficits" with other food,not by taking supplements. I dont take any supplements of any kind and have never been advised to by any doctors. "going veg" does not mean "not giving your body all it requires", you just have to get what your body requires elsewhere. presumably it will be healthier gotten elsewhere as well, making your entire premise of poor health based on a vegetarian diet flawed.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2003, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by ctisevn:
precisely. I havent eaten any meat or meat products in 3 years but I havent suffered for it in the least. There is nothing to my knowledge that is gained from a carniverous diet that can't be obtained through a well rounded vegetarian diet. As a competitive cyclist, the benefits have been huge for me. my resting heart rate is down substantially as is my body fat %. You cant simply cut out the meat and eat the same though, you need to substitute with soy products and other mono/polyunsaturated fats and proteins. its definitely a healthier diet though.
It's extremely difficult to get adequate levels of B12 from a PURELY vegan diet. However, if you define "vegetarian" as including dairy, fish, eggs, supplements or whatever, that's different.

BTW, it may take many years to develop a B12 deficiency esp. in a healthy male who ate a lot of animal products before. Being symptom free for 3 years doesn't mean your diet is adequate (although it may very well be adequate).

Furthermore, a vegetarian diet is NOT inherently more healthy even if all nutrients are included. A healthy diet is a healthy diet, whether its a vegetarian diet or omnivorous.

BTW, AFAIK, Lance Armstrong is an omnivore.

superfula
Senior User
Jun 2, 2003, 08:17 PM

My family raised beef for quite a few years. And as someone who loves a good steak/burger, I can tell you there aren't many HEALTHY reasons to eat meat. Red meat is perhaps the main reason why people are overweight. While it contains much protein (which is pretty easy to get from other foods) it contains quite a few fats/calories.

Pork and chicken aren't quite as bad, but they still aren't considered "healthy" at all. We have to eat so many vegs/fruits to make up for all the meats we eat...where we don't get many healthy benefits. Meat contains a lot of calories. So unless you are really active, eating a lot of meat will only cause you to gain weight.

Course things will change a bit depending on how you prepare the meat...fry vs grill, etc

Vegetarian diets are VERY VERY healthy if done right.

ctisevn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2003, 08:37 PM

It's extremely difficult to get adequate levels of B12 from a PURELY vegan diet. However, if you define "vegetarian" as including dairy, fish, eggs, supplements or whatever, that's different.

BTW, it may take many years to develop a B12 deficiency esp. in a healthy male who ate a lot of animal products before. Being symptom free for 3 years doesn't mean your diet is adequate (although it may very well be adequate).

Furthermore, a vegetarian diet is NOT inherently more healthy even if all nutrients are included. A healthy diet is a healthy diet, whether its a vegetarian diet or omnivorous.

BTW, AFAIK, Lance Armstrong is an omnivore.
its mildly difficult to get the RDA, but not much of a challenge unless you dont have a grocery store to shop at. I think the recommended daily amount is 1/1,000,000 gram, not hard to find. theres numerous b12 fortified cereals, soy milks and wheat glutens available that provide more than enough. its not an issue as far as Im concerned. Id lay tall odds that most "omnivores" who are far less likely to monitor their diets in general are lacking in much more important nutrients than b12. I know of no one who has died from a B12 deficiency while red meat in specific has probably been the root cause of death for a dozen people in the time it took me to type this. meat kills, its as simple as that.

I dont agree that a vegetarian diet isnt in and of itself healthier if all required nutrients are included. the absence of red meats alone makes for a healthier existence. its(red meat) like alcohol, there are things about it that are healthy but there are more things about it that detract from your well being, making it a net loss for most people.

youre correct about lance being an omnivore but his isnt a very typical diet unelss youre on your bike 10 hours a day, and he uses multitudes of supplements. hes a genetic freak with a vascular system unlike anyone else too. wicked fast as well..

my point in all this rambling is simply that too look at a vegetarian diet and pick out the one thing (B12) that may be lacking and point to that as a reason to marginalize the overall benefits of not eating meat is not right. most vegetarians, having examined their diets and made changes to become vegetarians, have done more for their personal well being than most "omnivores" who simply eat whatever they wish, which happens to be a great deal of fast food in our part of the world. 1 meal a week on average according to last months "bicycling" magazine as quoted from the book fast food nation. Its misplaced scrutiny.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2003, 08:45 PM

I haven't eaten any meat of fish since 1990 and I am quite healthy thank you. Prior to that I was a huge meat eater but I feel I have made a healthy choice, the only thing I couldn't give up was cheese.

Forum Links
Forum Rules