Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Any NON education customers get a G5 2.0 yet?

Any NON education customers get a G5 2.0 yet?
stevep63
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2003, 11:28 PM

I don't expect any (nor do I for another three weeks or so), but was just wondering.

Like many of you, my 8/29 ship date was bumped to 9/22, but I think we're in for another let down, unless non-educational customers have been already gotten their duals. Hence this post.

Sooooooo........anyone?

-SJ

SillyMe
Sep 7, 2003, 12:21 AM

Let down? Sheesh, why would you get your hopes UP in the first place after Apple has delayed the last three or so major hardware releases? The ship date, oh yeah, right! Those are always accurate.

If Apple is guilty of anything, it's giving people ship dates at all. Unless they have them physically in a warehouse, the standard response should be "When it's built."

In any event, I certainly hope nobody here posts that they have received their dualie G5, because there will be a flood of pissy, whiny, boycott Apple, Apple is evil, I'm more imporant than YOU, kind of posts.

To be honest, though, the longer the snivelers have to wait the more joy I feel within! I know it's mean, but cmon, they are so annoying. But I do get some solice knowing that most of the early adopters will have to BUY Panther. Poetic justice for all the boohooing!

It just never pays to be an Apple early adopter. Period. Flame me if you want, but you know I'm right!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2003, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by SillyMe:
It just never pays to be an Apple early adopter. Period. Flame me if you want, but you know I'm right!
Early adopters of any technology know (or should know) the risks.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2003, 12:54 AM

Yeah, Apple should try aiming a little ahead of time than their projected estimates. "Shipping in August, Mr. Jobs? Let's just call it October."

skyman
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2003, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by SillyMe:
Let down? Sheesh, why would you get your hopes UP in the first place after Apple has delayed the last three or so major hardware releases? The ship date, oh yeah, right! Those are always accurate.

If Apple is guilty of anything, it's giving people ship dates at all. Unless they have them physically in a warehouse, the standard response should be "When it's built."

In any event, I certainly hope nobody here posts that they have received their dualie G5, because there will be a flood of pissy, whiny, boycott Apple, Apple is evil, I'm more imporant than YOU, kind of posts.

To be honest, though, the longer the snivelers have to wait the more joy I feel within! I know it's mean, but cmon, they are so annoying. But I do get some solice knowing that most of the early adopters will have to BUY Panther. Poetic justice for all the boohooing!

Your point is well taken.

All I have to say is those of you who ordered months ago for a G5 and are still waiting, well if you are still waiting then you really don't need a G5.

Speak with you wallet and cancel your order(s). Guess what, if enough people did that Apple would NEVER again post bogus shipping dates.

It's 09/06/03 and only one person has received their G5. This is INSANE!!!

I love Apple, have since 1984. But come on, these delays are insane and unacceptable.

skyman
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2003, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
Early adopters of any technology know (or should know) the risks.
That's BS and you know it. When a company promises to ship a product at a specific time then they should honor that. If not, then the customers should speak with their wallets and cancel their orders.

Apple has done this over and over and over and over again and it has become accepted by the Apple community.

I don't know what is worse?
( Last edited by skyman; Sep 7, 2003 at 01:12 AM. )

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2003, 01:23 AM

Arrrrrgh! I'm an Educational Institution customer. Placed multiple Dual G5 orders (CTO) right after the keynote. Haven't seen a single one. All bumped from 9/2 to 9/23. I guess getting them to Edu customers really meant getting them to college kids and Virginia Tech. Boooo!
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 7, 2003, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by skyman:
That's BS and you know it. When a company promises to ship a product at a specific time then they should honor that. If not, then the customers should speak with their wallets and cancel their orders.

Apple has done this over and over and over and over again and it has become accepted by the Apple community.

I don't know what is worse?
I was referring to Silly Me's post about wanting a free copy of Panther for his G5, then commenting on how Apple sh!ts on the early adopters. I was not commenting on Apple's repeated inability to hit targeted ship dates.

Forum Links
Forum Rules