Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > BAAAAD situation

BAAAAD situation
Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2002, 12:39 PM

I don't post here too often, but this is pretty the only board I still visit on a regular basis, and I am in trouble.

Its pretty basic, Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy gives girl a note telling her this. Add in roommate/best friend. Best friend likes SAME GIRL and I don't know if he told her this yet.

Well, basically, I don't really know if he likes her too. All I know is that he had friends over, and they started drinking and one of them mentioned something about a girl he liked. I know him pretty well, and well, we fall for the same kinds of girls, and I honestly am about 95% sure that he likes the same girl I do.

I have crappy luck with girls, and gave her the note last night to avoid confrontation, and to avoid telling her at a less appropriate time.

I don't drink. Ever. But last night after finding out all this, I started chasing tequila shots with bicardi silver like a champ till I threw up all over the place.

This is the morning after. I haven't spoken to her, but 4 of us (me/roomate/girl/girls roomate) all have a function to go to tonight. Whats worse is I don't know if he's spoken to her. And if he has, then I feel horrible for doing this to her, because she's gonna have to deal with what I consider a bad bad situation. 2 of her best friends both like her... And if he hasn't, well, he will tell her.

On top of all this I am shaking uncontrollably from the combination of nerves and the assault my body took last night from the alcohol.

Geez, I just don't know what to do. I had to get it down somewhere though.

spb
Banned
Apr 6, 2002, 01:15 PM

ask mikem32 , he's got all the good stuff on chix...

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 6, 2002, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by Teronzhul:
<STRONG>I don't post here too often, but this is pretty the only board I still visit on a regular basis, and I am in trouble.

Its pretty basic, Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy gives girl a note telling her this. Add in roommate/best friend. Best friend likes SAME GIRL and I don't know if he told her this yet.
</STRONG>
Forget about your friend for a minute...You gave her a note telling you like her?!?

You go to FSU, which is a pretty big party school. What you need to do is go to more parties and just start talking to girls. Some will blow you off, but (at least) one out of 10 will go for it. It's a big confidence booster.

Notes won't cut it forever.

urbanmastermind
Apr 7, 2002, 03:06 AM

Notes don't cut it. Honesty does.

And, for god sakes, talk. Most of my friends who are asking themselves, "why don't I get girls?" are asking themselves that cause the only people they talk to is their guy friends and themselves.

So get out there and have real conversations with women. Three or four drinks may help, but not as many as you were talking.

hayesk
Apr 7, 2002, 03:12 AM

Yeah, talk to her and him as soon as possible. You'll know where you stand.

Myself and my roommate in university one liked the same girl. Unfortunately, she liked him and not me.

Oh well, I'm better off today.

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: hayesk ]

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 7, 2002, 03:14 AM

Originally posted by spb:
ask mikem32 , he's got all the good stuff on chix...
If only that were true &lt;sigh&gt; if ONLY that were true. But I appreciate the "homage" nonetheless.

Mike &lt;----still looking for that perfect woman

Mac Elite
Apr 7, 2002, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by urbanmastermind:
<STRONG>Notes don't cut it. Honesty does.

And, for god sakes, talk. Most of my friends who are asking themselves, "why don't I get girls?" are asking themselves that cause the only people they talk to is their guy friends and themselves.

So get out there and have real conversations with women. Three or four drinks may help, but not as many as you were talking.</STRONG>
Damn, that sounds a lot like me, talking to myself. Hmmm...

So, to contribute.

Dude, don't get to drunk if you are going to talk to her, alcohol doesn't really solve any of your fear, I think it just confuses people. Besides, if you can keep your cool, that adnrenalin rush really helps. And to echo hayesk talk to your friend, find out whether he really is interested in her, if so tell him that you wan't her, and see if you can keep him off your turf. And then talk to the girl.

I hope this all works out for you, I truely do.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 7, 2002, 03:44 AM

Just to sorta echo what 11011 said; alcohol can also make you not "perform" as well as you would "normally".

Yes it's shocking, but true. If we weren't capable of "pleasing" women in other ways I'd probably be a re-confirmed virgin by now

Mike

Teronzhul  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2002, 06:38 AM

well, update. After a long talk, my life sucks.

she knows about both of us.

she would have gone out with either of us.

she won't go out with either of us to attempt to preserve our friendship.

Its exactly what i expected from her.

after 6 hours of talking though, i'm really talked out.

for whoever told me to go to parties... i don't really like them. all the really interesting girls don't go to them. just the ones you wanna boink and throw away, and frankly i'm not that kinda guy.

and a note just seemed appropriate. i've told girls stuff like this before... but a note was appropriate in this situation. i'm going to finish my crappy cheesburger and go to sleep now.

i don't know what i'm going to do tomorrow, especially since i haven't even talked to my freind yet.

life sucks

Sealobo
Apr 7, 2002, 06:53 AM

Why don't you talk to your roomate and sort things out? I think it's still "do-able".

Since she talked for 6 hours, it means she's seriously about this. But if she worries about your relationship with roommate will screw up so she aviod being with either you or roommate, then you should first clean the way out for her.

However, don't know much about you and your roommate so i can't say much.

dgs212
Senior User
Apr 7, 2002, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Teronzhul:
<STRONG>
for whoever told me to go to parties... i don't really like them. all the really interesting girls don't go to them. just the ones you wanna boink and throw away, and frankly i'm not that kinda guy.

and a note just seemed appropriate. i've told girls stuff like this before... but a note was appropriate in this situation. i'm going to finish my crappy cheesburger and go to sleep now.

i don't know what i'm going to do tomorrow, especially since i haven't even talked to my freind yet.

life sucks</STRONG>

You're going to the wrong parties. I'm definitely not a "boink and throw away" type of guy. Why don't you throw a party and invite the kind of people you like. Invite a girl (or two or three) you are interested in. Have one or two drinks, if you think it will help you be a little more sociable. Talk to people. Dance. Etc.

Teronzhul  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2002, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by dgs212:
<STRONG>

You're going to the wrong parties. I'm definitely not a "boink and throw away" type of guy. Why don't you throw a party and invite the kind of people you like. Invite a girl (or two or three) you are interested in. Have one or two drinks, if you think it will help you be a little more sociable. Talk to people. Dance. Etc.</STRONG>
Well, you're right then. I must be going to the wrong parties. All the parties I have been to recently have sucked, or have been busted, or both.

My friend/roommate and I talked. Neither of us is going to let anything remotely similar to this happen ever again. Communication lines have officially been pried open. Interestingly, he says had he realized the way I felt, he would have backed down in a second. And, I think he's trying to back out of it now. This could be very positive for me. I'm going to have to talk to her again tomorrow. I haven't slept at all in the last 48 hours really though. Krispy Kreme doesn't open til 530 am here. I didn't realize that until this morning.

Forum Links
Forum Rules