Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iTunes Mods

iTunes Mods
monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2005, 02:34 PM

I'd like to mod just iTunes, since I've decided I actually like Aqua after all these years. Anyway, I've looked at the skins on resexecellence, but they're pretty dire. Does anyone have any nice skins available? Or, as an alternative, I'd like to be able to extract the skins from themes and just apply those to iTunes (swapping out the rsrc files in iTunes), how can I go about this?

Cheers everyone

mrtew
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2005, 10:58 AM

You can easily theme iTunes by opening the iTunes.rsrc file that you'll find in the resources folder inside the iTunes package (ctrl click on iTunes to get inside) with the application ThemePark which you can get on versiontracker.com. Then just copy and paste stuff into it or fix the elements up in photoshop or some image app.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

seaj11
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 25, 2005, 09:52 PM

Definitely the best way to customize any app is the DIY way. I did find a skin I really like on ResExcellence called "Dragon Music Records." That's the most successful mod I'd ever applied to iTunes. But if anybody else has found some new skins pre-made elsewhere on the web, I like to change my themese every so often.

Forum Links
Forum Rules