Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > why are there no 7 ft plus fg blockers in the nfl?

why are there no 7 ft plus fg blockers in the nfl?
macfantn
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 02:49 PM

wouldn't a 7 foot tall person be able to fairly easily block a field goal? Gotta figure he'd be almost 10 ft with his arms extended.

I guess this brings me to another question why are there no 500 lb hockey goalies?
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
wouldn't a 7 foot tall person be able to fairly easily block a field goal? Gotta figure he'd be almost 10 ft with his arms extended.

I guess this brings me to another question why are there no 500 lb hockey goalies?
A 7ft athlete can make more money by playing 10 minutes per game in the NBA than playing on special teams in the NFL.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I've seen enough MIghty Ducks movies to know that players are pretty accurate with the puck (at least as much as soccer players are with the ball). A 500lbs goalie probably isn't as agile as a 200, 6'0" goalie. So, players can probably place the puck wherever there is an opening and the 500lbs guy can't move fast enough to block it.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 03:51 PM

Where is gomanute damnit?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2006, 06:25 PM

Godamnit ?

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules