Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Digitech M-Box

Digitech M-Box
absmiths
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2004, 11:51 AM

Does anyone else have problems with the M-Box as an input into GarageBand? I have followed all of Apple's and Digitech's advice and it still fails. The record operation seems fine, but then when I stop recording the track compresses to a ridiculous playback speed (probably 5:1) which is obviously worthless.

The ProTools home page specifically lists GarageBand 1.1.0 as supported. I have reinstalled the CoreAudio driver for ProTools with no use.

Am I alone in this?
( Last edited by absmiths; Sep 10, 2004 at 01:40 PM. )

york28
Senior User
Sep 7, 2004, 04:19 PM

I think you mean Digidesign, not Digitech.

I don;t have an MBox but it is supposed to be CoreAudio compatible. You might check to make sure your MBox is using the correct bit depth/frequenxy if these are set with hardware switches (GarageBand only does 44.1/16bit I believe.)

Another site that might have some helpful info is the forums as http://osxaudio.com.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2004, 04:56 PM

I had the MBox. The Digi core audio drivers are awful. They've improved recently so make sure you have the latest update. However even now, it's a bit flaky if you're running two apps using core audio and using the MBox as an I/O.

Re. the spped issue, yup, it's probably your bit depth. Make sure both GB and the MBox are set to 44/16bit

absmiths  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2004, 01:42 PM

Yeah, that's Digidesign. Digitech made (makes?) effects racks.

I checked my settings in Audio Midi setup, and it says 44.1/ 2 - Channel 32 bit. Is this right? I can't change it if it isn't.

I just installed the Free Bomb Factory 4.1.1 update and now the whole thing is hosed - so I might just try and re-install all 14 CDs anyway.

Forum Links
Forum Rules