Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ugh... VRAM error

Ugh... VRAM error
giggs11
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2004, 01:13 AM

Hey all, had my Powerbook now for about two and a half months. It's worked great overall... until today. I was just using it normally when I got a very serious-looking message telling me I had to restart my computer. Well, I did that and when I did, my screen looked kind of funky. That is, certain colors were being displayed improperly. I figured it might be a hardware issue, and it turned out I was right because I ran the Apple Hardware Test and it told me that there was an error in the Video RAM (code: 2NYD/1/1:2086).

Anyways, would it be better for me to call Apple Support or just take it in to my local Apple Store? Are there people at the store who can deal with this sort of thing? I wonder if they can do replacements there.

Thanks!

urrl78
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 14, 2004, 08:04 AM

Definitely take it to the Apple Store. Reason one is you can have them make a record of it's exterior condition so they can't blame any damage on you when it comes back, and they will HAVE to rectify it. I won't go into other reasons but they are important too, I'm just too busy. Take it to the store. End of story.

giggs11  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2004, 11:22 AM

Ok thanks, I'll head over after work today.

Forum Links
Forum Rules