Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > How to create companent to decoder Mpeg2 file

How to create companent to decoder Mpeg2 file
yesea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2005, 09:14 PM

Dear All,
I want to write one decoder of mpeg2 .Maybe I can do it with QT companent to play the video and audio .what type companent will be create ? like FFsioun , the Image codec and audio codec companent is wrote for decoder the video and audio . And ,what is for to read the file , and synchronization of the Video and Audio ? Who can give some suggust for the framework of the total Decoder of Mpeg2 .
Thanks for any reply.
---Ann

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 05:40 AM

Apple already sells an MPEG-2 component for QT: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/

Writing software which deals with audio-visual streams and processing them in real-time is not easy, and the QT component API is quite a beast. Are you sure you're up to it?

yesea  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2005, 09:14 PM

Yeah, we will plan to write the mpeg2 decoder(player) . Now , we are face two proble . one ,how to real-time play the video and audio .And second , how to play them synchronization . So , I have two
chance to do these ..
1, Do it with QT companent . I need one data handle companent to control the file .one media handle companent to control the media . one image decompress compannet to decoder video .one
audio decompress to decode audio .. So ,the job is hard .
2 , maybe i can deal with these by myself . use muti-thread to control . But , there are some problem . One is how to display the YUV data . because i need to increase the speed to real-time .
i must find the best way to do display . Now i convert YUV data to RGB data , then use copybits() to
display . One is how to play the sound data . it's how to play the PCM sample .
anybody can give me some suggust for display for Video YUV data and Audio PCM data .. Thanks very much ..

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jun 2, 2005, 08:12 AM

You should check out the open source ffmpeg project. All the code is available for perusal.

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

yesea  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2005, 09:32 PM

I check the ffmpeg already . it's good audio and video codec . Furthermore it apply one easy player --ffplay . But , ffplay use SDL . so i can't use on mac . I must find ways to play Audio--PCM sample and Video--YUV frame on mac . Now , I can decode de Audio and video data to PCM and YUV . How to display them is the key .. Thanks again !

yesea  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2005, 04:36 AM

I check the ffmpeg already . it's good audio and video codec . Furthermore it apply one easy player --ffplay . But , ffplay use SDL . so i can't use on mac . I must find ways to play Audio--PCM sample and Video--YUV frame on mac . Now , I can decode de Audio and video data to PCM and YUV . How to display them is the key .. Thanks again !

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2005, 05:39 AM

SDL has been ported to OS X.

yesea  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2005, 01:43 AM

oh? i 'll try to find the information of SDL in OSX. Thanks for Anqus_D .

Forum Links
Forum Rules