Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail: old e-mail address appears in "Compose" window...

Mail: old e-mail address appears in "Compose" window...
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2006, 04:03 PM

I recently deleted an e-mail account from Mail.

It still appears as an option from which to send messages when I hit the "Compose" button. It selects itself by default, no less.

I've restarted the program and it hasn't helped. At first I thought that it might be due to the fact that I have PGP software installed, and it may have been choosing my former account because that's what the key was for. But I've since fixed that problem (by adding a new key for my new default address), and the problem persists.

I can even send messages from the deleted account...

Any insights?

Thanks.

JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 03:18 AM

Check your previous recipients list (did you ever send an e-mail to yourself at that address, eg. with iCal alarms?) and if it is there, delete it. Open the list via the Window menu.

Also, is it in your Address Book entry for yourself? Delete it from there if it is.

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2006, 11:15 AM

Not at the mac right now, so can't be specific, but look throught the menu items across the top and find where the "recent" recipients are. Delete the offending address from there. Or delete them all! All recipients are kept in that file for future use, even if they are not in your address book. I delete all of mine from time to time to make sure I'm not sending something to someone other than I intended.

Hope this helps! Sorry I could not be more specific -- if you have trouble finding what I mean, post back and I'll check the Macbook tonight when I get home.
Mary

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Not at the mac right now, so can't be specific, but look throught the menu items across the top and find where the "recent" recipients are. Delete the offending address from there. Or delete them all! All recipients are kept in that file for future use, even if they are not in your address book. I delete all of mine from time to time to make sure I'm not sending something to someone other than I intended.

Hope this helps! Sorry I could not be more specific -- if you have trouble finding what I mean, post back and I'll check the Macbook tonight when I get home.
That did the trick! Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules