Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone gets lazy, stops fetching mail...

iPhone gets lazy, stops fetching mail...
harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2008, 11:39 PM

Has anybody run into this issue with their iPhone? I have the latest update (1.1.2), and nothing else about my iPhone is screwy, but here's the issue:

No matter what time setting I use for my iPhone to automatically fetch mail from my Gmail account, after about four or five days, it just quits fetching mail on its own. I have to either enter the mail application and do it manually, or turn off automatic retrieval, exit the prefs, then reset it to automatically get my mail for it to work for another four or five days.

This happens every time I reset the prefs, and it is the only pref that isn't "sticking". I just wondered if anybody else has this particular issue since I could not find anything within these forums on the topic nor out on the interwebs.

the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

Visnaut
Senior User
Jan 12, 2008, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I've experienced this and other timing-related bugs. For instance, my alarms will cease to function. I was almost late for work once because of that.

I just reboot my phone and that fixes these and many other bugs that come up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules