Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Anybody with graphic glitches in World of Warcraft?

Anybody with graphic glitches in World of Warcraft?
harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2008, 07:38 PM

I seem to find sporadic information regarding graphical "glitching" in World of Warcraft on Macs, so I wanted to see if anybody was experiencing the same problems I'm having.

I noticed these types of graphical errors soon after installing WoW, and haven't had a break from it since (approximately two months). I've got all the updates/firmware upgrades for my MacBook (Black, purchased February, 2008...Leopard preinstalled), and can't seem to figure out whether it is a heat issue, a software issue, etc.

Here's what I see quite often:

I haven't reinstalled yet, because I have read a few posts on Apple's support forums and elsewhere of issues like these, but it's sporadic and there don't seem to be any fixes as of yet. Usually, the way I get rid of the glitch for that particular time period is to either perform a "/reloadui" or to slap a Cmd+M and back on it. It never stays "corrected", however.

Any ideas or similar incidents?
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

Forum Links
Forum Rules