Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Why are my Safari Windows Shrinking?

Why are my Safari Windows Shrinking?
raleur
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2012, 10:02 AM

I'm running the latest versions of both Safari and Lion, and there's some behavior that drives me crazy:

Generally, I have more than one Safari window open, all sized to my liking. A few more windows are minimized to the dock. Occasionally, when I open a new window, its vertical size will be about half of all the other open windows. The same can (but doesn't always) happen when I call up a window from the dock- the page will be much shorter than it was when sent to the dock.

In the past (pre Lion?), new Safari windows would have the same size as the currently selected window (if one was open), but now they may or may not- there is no consistency to it.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any idea why Safari decides to cut my windows in half?

Forum Links
Forum Rules