Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Wireless printing

Wireless printing
Harvey
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2006, 03:36 PM

I just bought an HP 5150 printer and was wondering how I can go about using it to do some wireless printing from my iBook. It is currently connected to my wireless router but doesn't seem to work unless my desktop mac is up and running. It would really be great to be able to access the printer at any time . . . even when my iMac is sleeping. Can this be done without a print server?
HB

ronniev
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2006, 10:18 PM

i am having the same problem. I have a HP photosmart 1315. I can put the cord directly in the ibook and it works fine. But, when i put it in my airport express, It does not work at all. What do i need to do? I have not changed any settings on my computer. Do i need too?

Harvey  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ronniev
i am having the same problem. I have a HP photosmart 1315. I can put the cord directly in the ibook and it works fine. But, when i put it in my airport express, It does not work at all. What do i need to do? I have not changed any settings on my computer. Do i need too?
If you set your desktop to "printer sharing" from the system preferences you will be able to print wirelessly from your iBook. (provided that your computer is UP and running ...not in sleep mode)

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 24, 2006, 11:52 AM

Let's move this to the Networking forum where it belongs. eh?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules