Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Digg XP Redirect

Digg XP Redirect
Harvey
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2008, 02:58 PM

Hi,
I keep having this recurring problem with Digg.com. Every time I go to the site I am redirect to a very annoying XP Security Center. I have tried to get info on it to practically no avail. I also tried to remove it with DNSchanger . . . an actual Apple Discussions recommendation . . . . no help. Also I downloaded MacScan and after scanning my entire HD on 2 computer . . .nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 19, 2008, 04:28 PM

What operating system is this happening on? Windows or OS X? If it was Windows it'd sound like Antivirus XP 2007/8/9.

Harvey  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2008, 09:10 PM

It may have originally happened on my imac (intel w/ XP) but has since shone up on my iBook and my wife's older mac Titanium laptop. My imac and ibook run Leopard 10.5.5, my wife may be using Tiger. Hope this helps. She did not notice it happening until I asked her to go to Digg.com, not one of her usual destinations.

Forum Links
Forum Rules