Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Logic Pro and Logic Pro Express is out!

Logic Pro and Logic Pro Express is out!
xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 11:20 AM

Woot! I'm all about the Logic Pro Express. Looks like it has some of the features I was wishing for in GarageBand.

http://www.apple.com/software/logicexpress/

http://www.apple.com/logic/

Can't believe there wasn't a thread about this already.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 11:26 AM

w00t!

wait, huh?

xi_hyperon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 11:34 AM

Looks like the Guitar Amp Pro is only available in the Logic Pro version, which is unfortunate.

MacMcMacintosh
Sep 29, 2004, 11:39 AM

ordered my copy from the uk store (upgrade) I cant wait to test it out and see what the new feature are like

badtz
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 05:31 PM

does anyone know if there's major differences in the GUI?

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 08:23 PM

yay
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Weezer
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 10:40 PM

I'm really bummed that guitar amp pro and pitch correction are missing in the express version I really want those features....

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

xi_hyperon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by Weezer:
I'm really bummed that guitar amp pro and pitch correction are missing in the express version I really want those features....
It would be nice if they would offer the guitar amp pro as a separate add-on to Express. It looks like it is similar in functionality to Native Instruments' Guitar Rig, which sells for $500.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 29, 2004, 11:15 PM

Guitar Rig is the best modeling software I have seen.

Selling my Marshall halfstack.

(Will probably still buy a small 12" one soon after)

badtz
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2004, 02:53 AM

does anyone happen to know if there's any retailers that sell it w/the educational discount? [besides apple]

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 08:20 AM

There's so much new stuff in there it's hard to believe they've done all that since version 6. It now supports Apple loops, and can open Garage Band projects as well. This is way cool for me, because I actually prefer sketching in Garage Band, due to its simplicity, but find myself butting up against its limitations pretty quickly when I've got an idea I want to flesh out a bit more.

Lotsa cool nnew plugs-- pitch correction, finally a right proper drum machine, new synths, etc. There's also something called "total bounce" (I think?) where you can bounce all the individual tracks with their effects at once. Excellent for sharing multi-track projects with other folks using different software, and for archiving.

I'm psyched.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

xi_hyperon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by chris v:
There's so much new stuff in there it's hard to believe they've done all that since version 6. It now supports Apple loops, and can open Garage Band projects as well. This is way cool for me, because I actually prefer sketching in Garage Band, due to its simplicity, but find myself butting up against its limitations pretty quickly when I've got an idea I want to flesh out a bit more.

Lotsa cool nnew plugs-- pitch correction, finally a right proper drum machine, new synths, etc. There's also something called "total bounce" (I think?) where you can bounce all the individual tracks with their effects at once. Excellent for sharing multi-track projects with other folks using different software, and for archiving.

I'm psyched.
Yeah, I'm going through an internal struggle right now. Two days ago, my budget outlook was clear for the remainder of the year. However, once again thanks to Apple, I am seriously considering shifting funds from other projects and plunking down the cash for the Pro version. If I do this, it will definitely be a black, off-the-books project which the other key member of the budget committee will not be privy to.

I love GarageBand, and Logic Express looks good, but unfortunately, Pro has the key features I am wanting. Damn you Apple. Damn you for jacking me once more with all your fancy, good-looking software.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 12:07 PM

It looks like Apple completely eradicated Emagic.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2004, 12:50 PM

using reason & logic express 6, and making records...even scored a playboy channel film this way.

so, upgrading to LE7 is worthwhile.

one small thing: will post here again, begging someone to email me the logic pro 7 icon...
the LE icon is the ugliest thing i have ever seen! (wood paneling...etc)
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

badtz
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2004, 03:27 PM

For the new Distributed Computing feature of Logic Pro 7 ....

..... is it capable of using the full resources [up to maximum] of the attached nodes?

is that how distributed computing works?

or is there major overhead in the process?

also, what exactly is a "node"?

Forum Links
Forum Rules