Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTS: HP Color LaserJet 3500 Color Laser printer $300 OBO

WTS: HP Color LaserJet 3500 Color Laser printer $300 OBO
Tuoder
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2010, 07:27 PM

I recently acquired a HP Color Laserjet 3500 from a thrift store which was apparently not aware of the value of this great little office/workgroup/small business color laser printer. It sells for $400-$645+plus shipping refurbished:

HP Color LaserJet 3500 Color Laser printer - 12 ppm - 350 sheets

This printer would be an excellent heavy duty small business or office printer. I wish I was allowed to bring it to work to put on my desk. It prints 12 pages per minute B/W or Color, so it would be excellent for printing out flyers or otherwise mass producing color documents. It has a 350-page capacity. It is Mac and PC compatible.

I'm asking $250 OBO. I have tested it and it functions great. I've ordered a 6' USB cable that will arrive June 15th at the earliest to save you the trip to Ripoff Shack or Worst Buy where they would want $10-20 for this. A power cord is also included.

Full disclosure: Some of the lighter beige plastic has slightly yellowed a bit due to age. My understanding is that this is because of a flame-retardant additive required by law. You might notice that computer manufacturers have moved to darker colors in recent years. Also I managed to break off the little plastic tab that holds the paper straight out because I am an idiot. It is low on black toner, but it prints black fine right now. This printer is big and heavy. I will bring it to your car/truck/whatever if need be. I'll post pics if you ask. I'll ship it at actual UPS rates.
( Last edited by Tuoder; Jun 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM. )

Tuoder  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2010, 11:30 PM

I should mention that it is currently plugged into my Airport Express base station, and that it functions perfectly this way with all of our printers.
( Last edited by Tuoder; Jun 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM. )

Tuoder  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2010, 10:49 AM

I'll deliver this for free within 2 hours of Whiting Indiana (on the southern border of Chicago). This area includes basically all of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana.

Tuoder  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2010, 11:50 AM

Final bump final price - $250

Forum Links
Forum Rules