Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Legally Blonde iBook

Legally Blonde iBook
cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2001, 08:48 PM

In the commercial for Reese Whitherspoon's new movie Legally Blonde, she is seen toting around a Tangerine iBook.

Always liked those first Tangerine 'Books.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

davidmd
Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2001, 10:13 PM

Also, in one of the commercials for that movie, they showed a clip of her in what looked to be some Mac store... can anyone fill us in as to what happens in that scene? I don't think I'm gonna see the movie, but I was just interested to know what happens in that scene. Anyone?

davidmd

SillyMonk
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2001, 11:33 PM

The iBook placement is perfect within the movie! She is a "blonde" law student and there are a few scenes where every single other student has the same black laptop (I can't tell what brand) and she has only a paper pad. Then she gets serious about studying, and you see her in line at the Harvard Book store holding the tangerine iBook box. The next scene you see all the other black laptops, and her bright one in the middle. It is a perfect symbol of her willingness to stand out with style and not conform.

Its a great movie, too!
My life is my argument. --Albert Schweitzer

cube-dude  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 6, 2001, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by SillyMonk:
<STRONG>Its a great movie, too!</STRONG>
Agreed, it's a fun flick. Finally got around to seeing it this afternoon.

The iBook gets loads of screen time, and in the campus store boxes of various Macs such as the Lifesaver iMacs are plentiful.

c-d

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules