Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > FoxTrot, Morse Code

FoxTrot, Morse Code
MacMan4000
Mac Elite
May 21, 2006, 08:39 AM

Todays FoxTrot is funny.

I was really bored so I decided to see what he was saying in morse code. It turns out to be
... --- -- . -.. .- -.-- .. .-- .. .-.. .-.. .-. ..- .-.. . -.-- --- ..- .- .-.. .-..

Translate it here:
http://users.scoutnet.nl/~inter/morse/morseform.html

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 21, 2006, 08:46 AM

*smirk*

-t

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 21, 2006, 08:59 AM

Translation?

Krypton
Mac Elite
May 21, 2006, 09:54 AM

: somedayiwillruleyouall:

^ Select to show translation.

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 10:52 AM

... . .-. .. --- ..- ... .-.. -.-- / --..-- / / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / ... . .-. .. --- ..- ... /
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

Rev-O
Mac Elite
May 21, 2006, 01:38 PM

Hah. Good stuff.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

abe
Professional Poster
May 21, 2006, 06:11 PM

I like.

Only 0 Days until graduation!
CONGRATULATIONS!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Salty
Professional Poster
May 21, 2006, 06:22 PM

Make sure you use the second section of the page

brapper
Professional Poster
May 21, 2006, 06:40 PM

that's fun.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 21, 2006, 07:19 PM

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. - -.-- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.-

that was completely random typing i did to mess around with morese code. do not translate what I have up there just in case it actually means something.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
May 21, 2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. - -.-- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.-
my virgin eyes!

Salty
Professional Poster
May 21, 2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
Dude... you're so off my christmas card list!

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 22, 2006, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sijmen
... . .-. .. --- ..- ... .-.. -.-- / --..-- / / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / ... . .-. .. --- ..- ... /
-... . -. .. -.-. .
Nemo me impune lacesset

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
-... . -. .. -.-. .
/ -...- / /

edit: doesn't work....
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by abe
CONGRATULATIONS!
Thanks! I celebrated with enough alcohol to keep me passed out until 2 PM the next day... My liver hates me

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by MacMan4000
Thanks! I celebrated with enough alcohol to keep me passed out until 2 PM the next day... My liver hates me
Now you need a "Countdown until I get a job" or "Countdown until I get out of debt."

abe
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 01:20 AM

See?

Just because you graduated doesn't mean that you stop learning. I bet you learned an important lesson about celebrating with too much alcohol! Most of us learn it once or twice and then that proves to be all that's needed to remember and never repeat again.

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by abe
See?

Just because you graduated doesn't mean that you stop learning. I bet you learned an important lesson about celebrating with too much alcohol! Most of us learn it once or twice and then that proves to be all that's needed to remember and never repeat again.

Oh, I'v already had my near-death-experiance with alcohol... passing out, then convulsing and vomiting in my sleep... i woke up the next day with a slight head-ache... I'm immune to hangovers. one of the benefits to being irish.

and i will continue learning in a few months. I only graduated from high school. college is next.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 23, 2006, 02:39 AM

Oh, I'v already had my near-death-experiance with alcohol... passing out, then convulsing and vomiting in my sleep... i woke up the next day with a slight head-ache... I'm immune to hangovers. one of the benefits to being irish.

and i will continue learning in a few months. I only graduated from high school. college is next.
Your in for a surprise son. I used to be an Irishman that was immune to hangovers as well. Sadly, you'll out grow that immunity.
Nemo me impune lacesset

zmcgill
May 23, 2006, 09:45 AM

So apparently your 'near-death' experience didn't teach you anything if you're still getting slobbering drunk.

But yeah, I saw the comic and wondered what it was but I was too lazy to look it up...funny stuff!

abe
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 10:55 AM

Please consider what you are doing and consider the risks.

Underage Drinking Statistics

In Kentucky, the legal age for purchasing alcohol is 21 years of age.

In Kentucky, underage drinking directly costs citizens approximately $217 million per year in medical care and work loss.

In Kentucky during 2004, there were 931 alcohol-related collisions involving a driver under the age of 21.

In Kentucky from January through August 2005, there have been 581 alcohol-related collisions involving a driver under the age of 21.

On a national level, approximately 28 percent of the suicides of 9-15 year olds can be attributed directly to or are related to alcohol use.

Nationally, alcohol is involved in a national average of 1,000 homicides per year.

Nationally, more than 70,000 students ages 18-24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape.

Nationally, adolescents who had their first drink before the age of 13 were twice as likely to have unplanned and unprotected sex, pregnancies and contract sexually transmitted diseases and HIV

zmcgill
May 23, 2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by abe
Please consider what you are doing and consider the risks.
How dare you enforce your morals on other people! They can make their own choices and decide what's right for them! </sarcasm>

And I'll guarentee that out of those 981 collisions, there was at least one innocent victim.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2006, 12:00 PM

My near-death experience was a result of the only night that I ever became drunk. I was 17. Haven't touched the stuff since.

LegendaryPinkOx
Senior User
May 23, 2006, 01:33 PM

I don't think I ever remember my near-death experiences.
are you lightfooted?

Forum Links
Forum Rules