Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bags that fit 2 laptops...suggestions?

Bags that fit 2 laptops...suggestions?
garetjax
Nov 3, 2008, 02:56 AM

Hi,
I'm looking for suggestions for a laptop bag/case that can comfortably carry TWO 15" aluminum PBs, perhaps with some extra compartments for power adapters. The only one I'm able to find so far is the Brain Bag from Tom Bihn, which retails at a hefty $140. Not looking to rock climb or anything with it. Just carrying from home to work and back. Thanks in advance.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2008, 01:00 PM

I would go for two laptop sleeves and then choose a bag that feels good to carry with the extra weight.

I use a Karrimor 35L rucsac when I need to carry two laptops, the front pocket holds the power suppliers and the main pockets easily holds two 15" PBs in their sleeves, plus extras if need be.

Voch
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2008, 10:09 AM

For work I carry around a Dell Inspiron D830 notebook in a Targus backpack that includes a sleeve for the computer. This bag is big enough to carry another sleeved notebook...in fact, I've carried the Dell in its sleeve and my MacBook in its Marware Sportfolio bag all inside the backpack but it was a tight fit...it would have worked better if the MacBook was in a sleeve.

Voch

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2008, 05:45 PM

For what its worth(Pun intended) I have a Bihn Brain Bag and also the Empire Builder AND a Super Ego.
I am a little obsessed and these are just the Bihn Bags.

I always carry two machines with me and one is a Panasonic Toughbook most of the time so it does not need any additional case.

I have found almost any normal sized bag will easily carry two machines without much effort.

I will carry the non-armoured one inside a Bihn Brain Cell or a Waterfield Sleeve.
I can get two inside sleeves in the Bihn bags without much trouble.

They are pricey and worth it to me.

Ed

tcphoto
Nov 6, 2008, 08:17 PM

I have a Timbuk2 bag that has two compartments, one for the laptop and other larger space. The larger space would easily hold another 15" in a sleeve and leave room for other items. There are other pockets that can hold accessories like power cords, batteries and more.

r2g2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nivag View Post
I would go for two laptop sleeves and then choose a bag that feels good to carry with the extra weight.

I use a Karrimor 35L rucsac when I need to carry two laptops, the front pocket holds the power suppliers and the main pockets easily holds two 15" PBs in their sleeves, plus extras if need be.
I concur ... sleeves are the best option - this way you wont have to buy a specialized bag - just put your laptop in sleeves and use any bag! Here are 3 companies that have some cool stuff:

1. Foof (www.foofshop.com)
2. Simon & Cleo (www.simonandcleo.com)
3. Fabrix Cases (www.fabrixcases.com)

Foof is based out of Australia, Simon & Cleo out of Toronto (might be faster to ship), Fabrix Cases is out of Singapore i think. All three are great!

Forum Links
Forum Rules