Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Lost credit

Lost credit
Penguirl
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2010, 09:06 AM

I changed the email address on my BOINC accounts a couple of days ago, now I have lost nearly all my credit and fallen from 88th to 192nd in Team MacNN. Is there some way I can fix this? Do I just need to be patient and wait for the change to 'propagate'? Or is it gone forever?

Thanks much guys.

reader50
Administrator
Oct 8, 2010, 12:59 PM

Do you mean it's being incorrectly listed on teamstats, or that your credit has gone down in official project stats pages?

Assuming it happened on official stats pages, it sounds like a glitch in their scripts. Like they changed the account, then credit in transit arrived and "recreated" the old account with a few units. Do you now have an identical account with the right credit and the new email?

Penguirl  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2010, 01:27 PM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here it is:

BOINCstats for Penguirl

Note the abrupt vertical lines in the line graphs, the negative bars in the one bar graph, and the absence of colors in the pie charts. I run 17 projects, some which seem to be defunct and some that no longer support OS X and/or PPC, but there still should be at least 10 projects in the pie charts.

I did not change my user name, only my email address so I'm surprised that this happened. I"m so sad, it's almost as if I never did all that work.
( Last edited by Penguirl; Oct 8, 2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: to fix stuff)

reader50
Administrator
Oct 8, 2010, 02:01 PM

I think it's an error by the boincstats people, or they got a bad update from a project. It should correct itself a day or two after the project stats reflect the change. Do your stats with the projects show your credits?

Penguirl  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2010, 05:03 PM

I think that you are correct. I have that page in a tab that loads every time I launch my browser and I panicked when I saw my credit was gone, perhaps I have become too dependent on BOINCstats.

arkayn
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2010, 06:53 PM

Here is the rest of your stats, since SETI has not updated stats yet you have not crossed over there yet.
BOINCstats | BOINC combined - User stats - Detailed statistics for Penguirl

Penguirl  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2010, 10:14 PM

I'm a little bummed that I've lost my history, but at least I didn't lose my credits. Thank you both Reader 50 and arkayn for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Penguirl  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2010, 12:25 AM

Heh, I received an email saying that there was an update to this thread, it was obviously spam but before I could load the page it was already gone. Good job mods, thanks for keeping MacNN forums clean! :-)

reader50
Administrator
Dec 7, 2010, 12:36 AM

Yep, a counterfeit-clothing store spam, deleted by AKcrab. And he got it before anyone could Report it.

I suppose giving up sleeping helps with rapid spam catching. I've tried that, but for me it only works for about a day.

Forum Links
Forum Rules