Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Unreal Tournament under Mac OS X

Unreal Tournament under Mac OS X
insert_coin
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2012, 04:07 AM

[font=Fixedsys]Hi pal!

I have some classic Macs (eMac, iMac G3...) under OS X only, and few other under both Classic and OS X. These lates with Unreal Tournament installed on Classic and running flawlessly, and with the OS X patch too.

So, I don't know how to run the game in a machine with no Classic installed. I try to transfer the game folder via FireWire, but when I do double click on the app icon, a message appears few seconds later:

"Unable to find DrawSpocker context"

:huh: [/font]
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look and do nothing.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2012, 10:00 AM

It's been a loooong time, but I'm pretty sure UT Carbon only worked on Mac OS X 10.0 or 10.1, and never worked on 10.2, and was never patched after that. And as I recall, it ran better in Classic anyway.

insert_coin  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
It's been a loooong time, but I'm pretty sure UT Carbon only worked on Mac OS X 10.0 or 10.1, and never worked on 10.2, and was never patched after that. And as I recall, it ran better in Classic anyway.
Actually the game is running patched in my G5 Quad under 10.5.8. To do that I transfer the game via Firewire from a Mac with the OS 9 version, and then applied the patch.

But this do not works today
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look and do nothing.

Penguirl
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2013, 05:27 AM

I just played UT2k4 on my 10.6 Mac Pro for the first time today, it works mostly (except for the Esc key, server refresh, and a few other odds & ends…) but it ran better on my G5.

There are next to zero sniper servers anymore, which makes me sad. Can anyone recommend other games that play similar to the 2004 camper/sniper mod? Run 'n gun just isn't my thing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules