Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When was the 12" Powerbook last updated?

When was the 12" Powerbook last updated?
Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2004, 02:35 PM

So, I'm about to come into some money. I have an old iBook/600/DVD. It's a great computer and a real workhorse, but lately I've been wishing for more power in my laptop. The current iBooks don't look like they offer enough of a jump for me, so I'm considering the 12" Powerbook.

I was wondering how long it's been since the 12" Powerbook was updated. I'm not in a rush, so I'd like to either get the cutting edge, or buy the trailing edge on a steep discount.

So, when was it last updated, and is there any credible speculation on when the next update might come?
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

iREZ
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2004, 02:42 PM

They were last updated when the 15" alum were introduced last year in August I believe, n e way everybody seems to be predicting PB updates right around the corner but the SF expo came and went, Apple 20th came and went, cant really see any accurate predicting. Try www.macrumors.com for the rumorville and if you click the Buyers Guide tab on the top of the page they tell you when which computers were updated and if they suggest to you to buy or wait.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2004, 03:07 PM

New powerbooks within a month. I suggest you wait if you are deciding to get a new powerbook. No major changes. Just slight speed bumps.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 16, 2004, 04:27 PM

The last 12" update was in September. I'd say an update is due in Q2... with a G5 1.4 GHz.

Forum Links
Forum Rules