Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook & SBC DSL with OS X Please Help Me!!

iBook & SBC DSL with OS X Please Help Me!!
jfwjxn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2003, 11:28 PM

I just received my iBook 800/12.1 today and while trying to setup my dsl service on os x it won't work...it tries to install in classic...is there any way that SBC Ameritech DSL has an OS X CD...I would prefer not to have to do everything in OS 9. Thank you so much.
iBook 800 640/30/Combo/12"
Power Macintosh G3 300-1/256/30
WGS 6150/60 240-G3/72/500
Power Macintosh G4 QS 02 800/896/120

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2003, 11:49 PM

are you connecting using pppoe? if so os x has a built in pppoe dialer, the following is from os x help, (internet connect is located in the applications folder)

To connect using PPPoE:

Open Internet Connect, choose your Ethernet port configuration (named Built-in Ethernet unless you created another) from the Configuration pop-up menu, and click Connect.

austeros
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2003, 01:38 AM

bleee is right, dont deal with 9. it will work fine. your login name includes the "@ameritech.net", which is something that gave me trouble till i figured it out.

put the pppoe control in your toolbar, you will have to log on each time yoiu start your computer.

There's someone in my head but its not me...

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2003, 06:13 AM

you can set it to auto-log on.

You will probably have to install in classic to set up your account however.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2003, 07:05 AM

Originally posted by bleee:
are you connecting using pppoe? if so os x has a built in pppoe dialer, the following is from os x help, (internet connect is located in the applications folder)

To connect using PPPoE:

Open Internet Connect, choose your Ethernet port configuration (named Built-in Ethernet unless you created another) from the Configuration pop-up menu, and click Connect.
Yeah, I am using SBC Yahoo!, but I just setted up an router, but I know for sure that it'll work in OS X.

Forum Links
Forum Rules