Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Black and White Clan

Black and White Clan
MrCaN
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2004, 12:54 PM

hey I started a Mac Black and White clan if anyone is interested in joining.
http://clans.bwgame.com/MACS/
Mr. CaN

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2004, 01:45 PM

I don't have black and white but I've been thinking about buying it. Is it any good? (well I'm assuming so if you have a clan for it)

MrCaN  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2004, 02:39 PM

yea I got it on Tuesday, took alittle time to get into it because of the tutorial, but i got into it and love it.
Mr. CaN

edddeduck
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2004, 06:48 AM

We also released the expansion pack Creature Isle which can be played with Black and White. For more info on the games you can go to our game areas.

Black and White Area

Creature Isle Area

Edwin
--
Feral Interactive

MrCaN  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2004, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by edddeduck:
We also released the expansion pack Creature Isle which can be played with Black and White. For more info on the games you can go to our game areas.

Black and White Area

Creature Isle Area

Edwin
--
Feral Interactive
Yea I got the platnium pack, and I love the game.
Mr. CaN

Ashman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2004, 01:54 AM

I really enjoyed B&W and Creature Isle. I've got a big, mean, and very scarred leopard. I usually just have him fight other player's creatures online and not bother with the town building.

RGB
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2004, 02:47 AM

Sure, MrCan, pick up B & W AFTER I leave the KUTC and can no longer see it in action on your shiney new PowerBook. That game has always looked fun.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 11, 2004, 03:54 PM

Is the multiplayer PC/Mac? The biggest problem I've had before was lack of games to join, although I love the game.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 11, 2004, 03:55 PM

Oh... also a bug alert. Pressing the middle button on my Intellimouse Explorer causes Black And White to not release the mouse button, making me stuck in rotate mode. I have to relaunch the game. This is not a problem with the mouse, operates as normal in Finder.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

MrCaN  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2004, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by RGB:
Sure, MrCan, pick up B & W AFTER I leave the KUTC and can no longer see it in action on your shiney new PowerBook. That game has always looked fun.
The game is great, that is what I have been concentrating on in the office this summer.
Mr. CaN

RGB
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2004, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by MrCaN:
The game is great, that is what I have been concentrating on in the office this summer.
Good work, that's what I like to hear. Glad to hear you're keepin' the place running.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jun 12, 2004, 01:12 PM

I take it B&W is OS x native? I was under the (apparently false) assumption that B&W was a classic mode jobby.

Think I'll pick it up after I finish NWN.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 12, 2004, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
I take it B&W is OS x native? I was under the (apparently false) assumption that B&W was a classic mode jobby.

Think I'll pick it up after I finish NWN.
Yes, it is OS X native.

Dair Grant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2004, 03:22 PM

Pressing the middle button on my Intellimouse Explorer causes Black And White to not release the mouse button, making me stuck in rotate mode.
Are you using any additional drivers for your Intellimouse? If so, make sure they're disabled while Black & White is running - on Mac OS X we handle middle-clicks natively, but unfortunately some drivers attempt to remap these to a modifier-left/right click since most apps don't.

It's also worth making sure you're running the latest patch, as there were some handling changes over the initial release. You can get 1.1.9 from our patch page.

Is the multiplayer PC/Mac?
Unfortunately not - we spent a lot of time trying to make this happen, but the way the game distributes the world state between machines made it impossible. It's actually a problem for the PC version as well, as network compatibility is not preserved between different builds even if the networking code is unchanged (part of the state is the size of each of the game objects: if an object changes size, e.g., if you change compilers, the state becomes incompatible).

-dair
Zonic
http://www.zonic.co.uk/games/

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 12, 2004, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Dair Grant:
Are you using any additional drivers for your Intellimouse? If so, make sure they're disabled while Black & White is running - on Mac OS X we handle middle-clicks natively, but unfortunately some drivers attempt to remap these to a modifier-left/right click since most apps don't.
It might be something with 10.3.4, as Warcraft 3 now does this too and Black and White didn't before.

I had no mouse drivers installed. Installing the MS mouse drivers actually fixed it in Warcraft 3, I'm assuming they did in B and W.

Forum Links
Forum Rules