Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Word processor with proper features for adding comments

Word processor with proper features for adding comments
DrBoar
Senior User
Jun 19, 2013, 03:39 PM

In previous MS Word versions adding comments was pointing to a insertion point in a word or between words. So if someone wrote escherchia instead of escherichia. It was simpe to add in instertion prior to the "c" and write the comment (i) and it was clear that an i was missing in esherichia and were it was missing.
In current word version only complete words are indicated. So highlight "escherchia" and type "escherichia" in the comment field and let the reader find out the difference.

And forget about being able to add missing words like and "and" between Branhamella Escherichia, that has to be done the hard way " and Escherichia".

Currently the best way appear to be to print out the document, do the notes and editing on paper, scan them and send a PDF. I imagena that cowriters of documents and teachers /professors that get reports and documents that they need to give feedback to have the same trouble?

Any alternaive WP out there that works?

P
Jun 19, 2013, 04:14 PM

Instead of using comments, turn on track changes (in the review tab, where the comments functions are) and just fix the errors. Before sending it back, you set it to show final with changes highlighted. That will show the changes in red, all the way down to a single letter, with callouts in the review panel. If you want to force someone to make the change manually, print it out to a PDF with your editions visible.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

is not
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2013, 07:21 AM

Check if Nisus Writer Pro does what you need

http://www.nisus.com/pro/

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 20, 2013, 04:25 PM

I'm with P on this. Since you already have Word, using the feature that does what you want instead of one that doesn't work the way it used to is really the way to go. Turning on "Track Changes" not only captures a reviewer's corrections, it shows who did what, and when. Now it may not give you the single-character "chastisement" you may have used your comment corrections for, it will make the document track updates smoothly, and you can still add comments like "proof read your work!" or "is this what you meant?"

Sarcasm aside, when you're collaborating on a document, sometimes you need to make the document right before you worry about how you avoid having to correct another in the future.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2013, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by is not View Post
Check if Nisus Writer Pro does what you need

Nisus Writer Pro - Powerful Word Processor for Mac OS X
This.

Nisus Writer Pro is 50% off today only at Macupdate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules