Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > install iLife '06 on G3 iBook? (or at least iPhoto '06?)

install iLife '06 on G3 iBook? (or at least iPhoto '06?)
cpac
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2006, 06:12 PM

My mother's got a G3 iBook, and wanting to upgrade from iPhoto 2.x, she bought iLife '06.

iLife '06 seems to search for a G4 processor before the installer will even launch and so she's currently stuck. While I know a fast G4 is generally required for the other components of iLife, I was wondering whether anybody knew if iPhoto '06 could be installed and run on a G3 machine, and if so, how to go about doing so...

Thanks.
cpac

mjarski15
Forum Regular
Mar 5, 2006, 08:23 PM

you need to download and use pacifist to install iPhoto on the G3 ibooks. Search versiontracker for the program and it is pretty easy to do. If you need any more help just ask.
20", 2gigs ram, 500gig HD, 2.16ghz core 2 duo iMac
iBook 700 Combo/14.1
OS X

Forum Links
Forum Rules