Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > killzone 2 vs. COD5

killzone 2 vs. COD5
Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2009, 02:03 PM

I'm looking for a new PS3 game and I'm debating between these two. The things that are important to me are good and fairly long single player missions.

I'm not what you would consider a hard core gamer and the single player game is more then sufficient for my needs. I've heard that the older Call of Duty 4 had a very short single player set of missions. How does COD5 stack up.

I'm leaning towards Killzone 2 because I played COD1, COD2 (skipped 3 and 4) and I'm tired of bouncing between allied and russian missions. I was surprised to see that COD5 had this same setup, seems more of retread. Regardless of that, it still may have good playability.

Thoughts, opinions.
~Mike

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2009, 07:23 PM

I have played neither, but I would say for single player, go for Killzone 2.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2009, 02:26 AM

Call of Duty 4 is a hell of a game and can probably be picked up for half of what you would pay for World at War or Killzone 2.

I have not played either Killzone or CoD:WaW, but word on the street is that Killzone should be a much better game.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Maflynn  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2009, 08:02 AM

I toyed around with COD4, and it didn't do much for me, I agree the price will be half of the newer games but I didn't care for it
:shrugs:
~Mike

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2009, 01:58 PM

Killzone 2. Fun single player and the multiplayer is pretty in depth. Call of Duty 4 is great as well. Short single player but very well done. Killzone 2 I am just really starting but so far its pretty good.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2009, 08:27 AM

I cannot offer an opinion of CoD 5, but I started playing CoD4 (but quit after an hour or so) and just recently Killzone 2, and man, Killzone is the way to go.

I don't think the Killzone campaign to be much longer than any other games, maybe 10 hours on a strict playthrough, BUT: You'll die often if you don't play on the easy modes, and the environments are so vast that you have to play it again to be able to appreciate it in full.

Forum Links
Forum Rules