Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > touch wheel & sometimes buttons become non-responsive on 40G 3G ipod

touch wheel & sometimes buttons become non-responsive on 40G 3G ipod
cpac
Professional Poster
Jul 12, 2005, 02:10 PM

As the topic says - my 3G 40 Gig iPod has picked up the habit of refusing to recognize touches. The buttons seem to be a tad more reliable than the touch wheel however, which is to say that they register 1 out of every 5 or 6 attempts to press them, whereas the wheel has simply refused to do anything.

I'm surviving on my shuffle for now, but searches of Apple's support and this forum didn't turn up anything helpful.

Anybody else have this problem?

Even better, anybody know how to fix it?

thanks
( Last edited by cpac; Jul 12, 2005 at 02:21 PM. )
cpac

youreverlovin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 01:13 PM

I have this problem too. Sometimes it works when I turn it on an off, but sometimes I can't get that to respond either! You can toggle between the top and bottom buttons clicking on on and then the other 5 or 6 times quickly and that sort of resets it. But I would like a better answer myself. Once I couldn't even get the damn thing to tun off.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 21, 2005, 11:22 PM

Try this method to recalibrate the touch pad: toggle the Hold switch on and then off, making sure that your fingers are not touching the wheel at all. (iPods calibrate the touch wheel/buttons when you turn off Hold.)

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules