Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Menu Item Lag Disappearing?

Menu Item Lag Disappearing?
TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2006, 10:25 PM

I downloaded the new iTunes 7 today and the menu item lag is gone! For those who are unfamiliar with this topic and my obsession with the way menus are drawn... look here http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/...+Menu+Item+Lag

But, anyways... what the heck? Is Apple going back to fast menu highlighting again! I am really excited now!

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2006, 10:28 PM

True! Sweet!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2006, 02:26 PM

Why would Apple take this away in the newest version of iTunes... I'm being serious. Maybe Leopard will be fast again.

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2006, 04:10 PM

I don't understand why nobody else thinks the menu item highlighting seems laggy. Well, I do and I would rather see it zippier like it is on Windows or pre-Tiger.

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2006, 06:37 PM

Update: Having both 10.4.7 and iTunes 7 causes the menus to be fast in iTunes 7. If you have an earlier version of 10.4 you may notice that the menus are the same as iChats' or the Finders'.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
I don't understand why nobody else thinks the menu item highlighting seems laggy. Well, I do and I would rather see it zippier like it is on Windows or pre-Tiger.
It isn't laggy. It skips items if you go past them really fast. You never have to sit and wait for the highlight. It makes no difference to anything at all.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2006, 09:06 PM

Who's sitting and waiting for the highlight... it APPEARS laggy... it's a cosmetic thing. I don't sit there and drag my mouse up and down to watch the selections but, just using my menus every day I do notice this and it seems slow to me (graphic user notification).

Forum Links
Forum Rules