Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > World of Aqua: Rev2 Drives

World of Aqua: Rev2 Drives
Thread Tools
Holigen
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 4, 2004, 11:42 PM
 
Very smooth new iconset from Dave Brasgalla of the IconFactory.

World of Aqua: Rev2 Drives:


Surf on over to the IconFactory and pick it up today!

Preview Page

Folder Download

iContainer Download

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
mac15
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 12:00 AM
 
I'm running them with the World of Aqua Candybar Set, so pretty
     
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 12:29 AM
 
Nice looking.
click one
     
Holigen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 01:29 AM
 
They work very well with Milk too.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
phillryu
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 07:29 AM
 
Yup, I've been using these for a few days. Fantastic set. The white acryllic / metal combo is just screaming for a theme...

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief
     
phillryu
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 07:30 AM
 
I wish someone would port this to konfabulator:


MacThemes.net Editor in Chief
     
Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bronx, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 09:05 AM
 
Very nice icons, I hope a matching folder set is in the works
     
Dave Brasgalla
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 10:41 AM
 
Originally posted by phillryu:
Yup, I've been using these for a few days. Fantastic set. The white acryllic / metal combo is just screaming for a theme...
With all due respect, Phil, I have to point out that the material used is no mere "white acrylic" - it's a proprietary mimetic polycarbon that has been electrostatically impregnated with microgranulated lactic resins, ultra-fine powdered sugar crystals (that were covertly harvested from filled doughnuts at our local bakery) and a dissolved solution of sel marin. The resulting surface is then given a one-shot flash-bleach by bombarding it with high-velocity unidirectional radiation (using my old Performa monitor). Finally, it is lovingly hand-polished to a high gloss with a special pomade mixed from Tei Fu oil, automotive hand cream, Mr. Zog's Sex Wax (summer temp) and a dash of Issey Miyake to make your desktop smell nice.

The brushed aluminum, however, is just brushed aluminum.

     
Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 10:50 AM
 
     
swiz
GUI Punk
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: S.E. Mitten
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 11:03 AM
 
Billy Bart has an alter ego!!!!!!!!!!!!

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g
     
Holigen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 11:37 AM
 
Originally posted by Dave Brasgalla:
With all due respect, Phil, I have to point out that the material used is no mere "white acrylic" - it's a proprietary mimetic polycarbon that has been electrostatically impregnated with microgranulated lactic resins, ultra-fine powdered sugar crystals (that were covertly harvested from filled doughnuts at our local bakery) and a dissolved solution of sel marin. The resulting surface is then given a one-shot flash-bleach by bombarding it with high-velocity unidirectional radiation (using my old Performa monitor). Finally, it is lovingly hand-polished to a high gloss with a special pomade mixed from Tei Fu oil, automotive hand cream, Mr. Zog's Sex Wax (summer temp) and a dash of Issey Miyake to make your desktop smell nice.

The brushed aluminum, however, is just brushed aluminum.
Wow...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
Patcarla
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montpellier
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 11:41 AM
 
Originally posted by phillryu:
Yup, I've been using these for a few days. Fantastic set. The white acryllic / metal combo is just screaming for a theme...
Yes indeed..
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)
     
Dave Brasgalla
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 11:50 AM
 
Originally posted by Caesar2099:
Very nice icons, I hope a matching folder set is in the works
Yes, there is, actually... I've been fooling around with it forever. I have a tough time commiting to folder designs. I have had it in the works for almost a year, but I never seem to get around to finalising it. It's not that spectacular, I am just procrastinating.
     
Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bronx, NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 01:19 PM
 
Woohoo procrastination!
Look forward to the folder icons!
I gotta stop using !'s they're really annoying...!
     
Zimphire
Baninated
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Moon
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 01:33 PM
 
I've been using these the past week. The Panther X one and the Scratch disk.
     
phillryu
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 5, 2004, 05:51 PM
 
Originally posted by Dave Brasgalla:
Yes, there is, actually... I've been fooling around with it forever. I have a tough time commiting to folder designs. I have had it in the works for almost a year, but I never seem to get around to finalising it. It's not that spectacular, I am just procrastinating.
Ever consider making a theme? Or, let's say, a theme mockup. Don't give me the time excuse, we already have 3 submissions after 4 days You could do some great stuff!

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief
     
JudieKaren
Forum Regular
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 03:34 AM
 
Originally posted by phillryu:
I wish someone would port this to konfabulator:

Where can we get an *ibop* too? (Pretty please?)
JudieKaren
     
Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Missing, presumed fed.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 10:42 AM
 
Judie: If you don't know, iBop is a face for Audion which is an mp3 player. Scroll down and iBop is there.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
     
JudieKaren
Forum Regular
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 12:08 PM
 
Originally posted by Stuphalina:
Judie: If you don't know, iBop is a face for Audion which is an mp3 player. Scroll down and iBop is there.
Stuphalina,

Thank you for taking the time to post the links! No, I didn't know about Audion, but I have now downloaded the iBop *face*. (Don't know what I'll use the icon for yet, but I love looking at it and it goes nice with my flat panel iMac.)

I only found the iBop with the *collapsed* antenna. I wonder how Phillryu got the face with the extended antenna? I searched the site and no luck.

Thanks again!
JudieKaren
     
d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Far above Cayuga's waters.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 12:21 PM
 
Originally posted by JudieKaren:
Stuphalina,

Thank you for taking the time to post the links! No, I didn't know about Audion, but I have now downloaded the iBop *face*. (Don't know what I'll use the icon for yet, but I love looking at it and it goes nice with my flat panel iMac.)

I only found the iBop with the *collapsed* antenna. I wonder how Phillryu got the face with the extended antenna? I searched the site and no luck.

Thanks again!
i think the antenna extends when you hit play or something like that. put the face on and play with it, there is some way to get the antenna out of that same one face.
     
Holigen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 12:25 PM
 
If you loaded iBop into Audion, the antenna pops up whenever Audion is the frontmost application...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: .no
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 12:27 PM
 
back on topic: These new World of Aqua icons are awesome, and they finally made me ditch the good old Snow E.2-set..


     
JudieKaren
Forum Regular
Join Date: Nov 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 04:42 PM
 
Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
i think the antenna extends when you hit play or something like that. put the face on and play with it, there is some way to get the antenna out of that same one face.
Thanx, Dan!

I don't have Audion. I just want to use the *face* as an icon. I'll go to Panic and see if there's a free trial period.

iBop looks quite nice on my desktop...right there next to a wonderful Lexar Flash Drive icon someone made for me.
JudieKaren
     
Holigen  (op)
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Your Computer
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 06:42 PM
 
What exactly do you use this icon for?

Btw, there is a trial period for Audion.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.
     
Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Missing, presumed fed.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Mar 6, 2004, 08:34 PM
 
Back on topic, Dave, I seriously believe that you should try at a theme mockup.
I know there is a good one in that head of yours.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,