Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > I'm happy with the new IMAC

I'm happy with the new IMAC
pete
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2004, 11:07 AM

Everybody complains about Apple's new computers. EVERY TIME. But, the VAST majority of people will be extremely satisfied with the new imac. Why?

1. beautiful , extremely small footprint design and cool factor
2. Beautiful large monitor
3. Superfast G5 CPU although they should really put in a min. of 512ram!
4. A wonderful operating system that integrates everything the average consumer needs,
plus allows more advanced users to customize as they wish. This is where Apple's strength is: the OPERATING SYSTEM. It's amazing to me that they don't try to sell that more.
5. A MUCH nicer user experience with no viruses, few if any crashes and the ability to use the computer without being disturbed by the OS. All my windows friends struggle with their computers in various ways. Mine really does 'just work', day after day after day.

What do most people user their computers for?

Email, internet, music, photo, wordprocessing, games

This may not be the gaming machine of choice, but everything else it covers extremely well. It's not revolutionary, but it it looks like a great balance between form, function and value. Can you get a cheaper computer? OF course! But you'll pay in other ways...

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2004, 11:10 AM

Your discussion is welcome (and I agree with most of it), but I'm guessing that this thread will be locked, seeing as there are many other iMac G5 general discussion threads already.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Forum Links
Forum Rules