Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Sony Ericsson S710a finally on Cingular

Sony Ericsson S710a finally on Cingular
f1000
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2005, 07:25 AM

I still for the life of me can't make heads or tails of Cingular's data plans. Every service rep I've talked to gives me a different story. I'm hoping that the $24.99/month MEdia Net option = unlimited modem use, but I'm not sure. I've been told that there's actually another plan that I'd have to get on top of MEdia Net...one that costs $80/month for unlimited use.

What's more confusing is MEdia Net itself comes in two different service levels: WI and WIX.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2005, 07:08 PM

Here's a great eWeek article about Cingular Data confusion:

Should Cingular Put Data On Hold?

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2005, 08:50 PM

That's a great article, and it's spot on. I can't tell you how frustrated I have been with all the conflicting answers I've gotten.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2005, 02:46 AM

T-Mobile, while not the best data network, has one of the most competitve pricing packages. Cingular seems way over-priced. It's the one reason I haven't gotten a data plan from Cingular with my T630. I'm waiting for the K750i to be released before I upgrade.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2005, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by iDriveX:
T-Mobile, while not the best data network, has one of the most competitve pricing packages. Cingular seems way over-priced. It's the one reason I haven't gotten a data plan from Cingular with my T630. I'm waiting for the K750i to be released before I upgrade.
Alas, the K750i lacks EDGE, but I do like the form factor. The Motorola SLVR also catches my eye, but I don't think it'll be out until fall.

Forum Links
Forum Rules