Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Elder Bush would like son Jeb to run for president

Elder Bush would like son Jeb to run for president
f1000
Professional Poster
May 31, 2005, 09:44 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - George Bush, the president's father, would like to see another Bush in the White House someday, saying on Tuesday that he would want his son Jeb to run for president when the timing is right.

Florida Governor Jeb Bush has repeatedly said he does not plan to run for president in 2008, trying to dampen speculation that another Bush could be on the next Republican ticket for the White House.

In an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," former President Bush said he would want Jeb to run for president "someday," but now was not the time.

"The timing's wrong. The main thing is, he doesn't want to do it. Nobody believes that," Bush said.

But he and wife Barbara both said they believed Jeb, 52, did not want to run in the next presidential race.

Bush said he did not have a favorite candidate for the Republican nomination to succeed his son, President Bush.

Barbara Bush said she believed Senator and former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton would be the Democratic nominee in the 2008 presidential race. "I'm not going to vote for her, but I'm betting on her," she said.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTEwdn...tY3Nz/s/242080
How would you like to have a guy named Jeb for President?

Brigrat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2005, 11:27 PM

I'd vote for Jeb. I met him once, and left very impressed. If he is anything like his Father or Brother, he will get my vote.
12" PowerBook G4 1.33, 1.2GB Ram, 80GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive powering a Dell 2005FPW. Airport Express, Apple BT Mouse and Keyboard. Cannon EOS Digital Regel (DSLR), Sony PSC-93 (Point and Shoot), Sony Mini DV Camcorder. HP Photosmart 7960. The wife is using: 12" PowerBook G4 1.33, 768MB Ram, 60 GB Hard Drive.

The Digital Lifestyle at its Best!!!

ambush
Banned
Jun 1, 2005, 01:44 AM

Yesss A Dinasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like In The Middle Age!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2005, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by f1000
How would you like to have a guy named Jeb for President?
Jeb Bartlett, sure.

f1000  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by ambush
Yesss A Dinasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd prefer to think of it as a Three-peat.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2005, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by ambush

Like In The Middle Age!

Pretty appropriate if you ask me. (if you know what the show was all about)

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

zerostar
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2005, 07:22 AM

His name is John Ellis Bush, he goes by his initials because he is witty and original. (Actually some staffer probably came up with that when he was running for Gov.)

I met him several times dealing with Martin County and the hurricanes of last year, was very smug and didn't really seem too concerned with all that was going on.

That said, I do like him more than his brother (politically anyway)

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2005, 07:50 AM

Nice trial balloon going up. The Bushes do know how to play the political game. Guess Bush (not Senior as their names are not the same) isn't going to say the same for his son, Neil, though.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules