Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger 10.4.2, Xounds, and Other Sound Issues

Tiger 10.4.2, Xounds, and Other Sound Issues
Slayer-X
Forum Regular
Aug 20, 2005, 07:58 PM

Ever since updating to OSX 10.4.2, I have had a lot of issues with sound.

I have a Powerbook G4 17", and the latest versions of Xounds, Entourage, Real Player 10, and every other piece of software I have. I have noticed from installation day of 10.4.2 that none of the sounds in Entourage play anymore, Xounds does not work, and audio does not work in Real Player anymore. iChat even seems to hiccup at times, playing sounds sometimes but not always. I have no idea what to do - I have checked all of my sound settings, each apps prefrences and nothing has changed, I have no idea what has caused these failures of sounds to play for certain apps. And in the instance of Real Player, it pretty much renders the app completely useless since I can't listen to sound in it at all. Anyone know of a fix for this, or had similar issues, or suggestions for how to solve this?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2005, 08:54 PM

Remove APE and your problems will go away. Why people clamor for the instability of the dark ages of extensions being able to poke through your memory registers is beyond me. Maybe I'm just getting too old.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules