Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Tiger isync can't see my Panther supported C650 !!??

Tiger isync can't see my Panther supported C650 !!??
bzImage
May 5, 2005, 11:33 PM

With Panther isync, i can sync my humble Motorola C650. Now with Tiger i just get a "No device found" when i try to find it (via usb cable, which was the way that worked with Panther).

Now what ?? I have to get another Phone ??

gif32
Jun 7, 2005, 06:54 PM

Same problem here ... wish I had seen this post before I upgraded. Why would it work in Panther and not in Tiger?? Any suggestions? I downloaded iSync 1.5 but even though it succesfully installed, it will not run.

bzImage  (op)
Oct 24, 2005, 07:41 PM

Manage to get it working again doing the following:

Edit the file:

/applications/iSync.app/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/PlugIns/PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin/Contents/Resources/MetaClasses.plist

(i use vi to edit it)

And after:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict>
Add:

Code:
<key>com.motorola.C650</key> <dict> <key>Identification</key> <dict> <key>com.apple.gmi+gmm</key> <string>"Motorola CE, Copyright 2000"+C650</string> </dict> <key>InheritsFrom</key> <array> <string>com.motorola.usb.0x22B8/0x4902</string> </array> <key>Services</key> <array> <dict> <key>ServiceName</key> <string>com.apple.model</string> <key>ServiceProperties</key> <dict> <key>ModelName</key> <string>C650</string> <key>PhoneIcon</key> <string>MOTC333g.tiff</string> </dict> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>com.motorola.usb.0x22B8/0x4902</key> <dict> <key>Identification</key> <dict> <key>com.apple.usb.vendorid-modelid</key> <string>0x22B8/0x4902</string> </dict> <key>InheritsFrom</key> <array> <string>com.motorola.usb</string> </array> <key>Services</key> <array/> </dict>

Dynamite
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2005, 04:23 AM

Hey

I've got a question for Mac users using the motorola c650: What do you use to trasfer photos and other files in and out of the phone? The best programs i've found only let me edit contacts and sms.

Thanks.

PS:Nice job, bzimage, that worked!

Forum Links
Forum Rules