Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Custom Quicksilver Case 4 sale

FS: Custom Quicksilver Case 4 sale
centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 8, 2007, 05:53 PM

Hey all... my quicksilver's guts have long been gone, but I still have my case. However, it isn't JUST a case, as it includes the following:

1. Pioneer Superdrive. Works fine.
2. 120mm chrome aerocool extreme turbine fan with white LEDs (case)
3. 60mm extruded aluminum and chrome fan, with blue LEDs (intake)
4. 40mm blue led fan, where the front speaker was (auxillary intake)
5. Fan controller/temp monitor with 3 temp probes

The case has been cut very nicely so that the dummy 'lower drive' now houses the fan controller/temp monitor thing. It's very solid, and very easy to read. You can adjust the max temps you want on each probe, so if it does hit that max temp, it starts beeping fairly loudly, and the fans will turn way way way up. However, I didn' hook my fans up to it, as it causes them to 'blink'. So, I just had the fans on all the time, and the 60mm intake fan I used a special cable (also included) to only give it 7 volts, instead of 12, to reduce the noise.

This case is in really good shape, it might have a couple small scratches, but nothing really noticable. I also have the original box, and shipping foam, so I can ship it pretty much anywhere. For more info on this case, go here: http://forums.macnn.com/73/mac-modif...ilver-project/

Here's a pic before the speaker/fan mod:

Basically, if you already have a quicksilver, you can just swap your guts into this thing and it'll be pretty sweet, with more cooling and less noise.

Price? $45+ shipping. Come on people, the fans + controller cost more than this. Think of it as upgraded fans and fan controller + FREE quicksilver case.
( Last edited by centerchannel68; May 29, 2007 at 10:01 PM. )

centerchannel68  (op)
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 12:26 PM

Make offer.

centerchannel68  (op)
Baninated
May 29, 2007, 09:56 PM

Seriously. Anybody want this? At all? If not, to ebay it goes. Also, forgot to add, IT COMES WITH THE SUPERDRIVE TOO.

Forum Links
Forum Rules